Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

How many make it a habit to use amp covers?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by E5RSY, Oct 4, 2017.

1. MrGibbly

MrGibbly Tele-Holic

Apr 19, 2014
    SATX
    I never did before I got my Boogie...now, I keep it on so my 2 year old doesn't twiddle the knobs and flip the switches when not in use. I only use the cover on the head...

2. Fearnot

Fearnot Friend of Leo's

Jan 17, 2010
    Decatur, GA
    When I have one, I use it.

3. King Fan

King Fan Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Salt Lake City
    Is D2F still in business? I love their products, but I don't see them on a quick web search. As we discussed earlier this year, their wonderful owner died unexpectedly -- at that time their plans seemed unclear. I will continue to use them if they're out there.

4. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    I've just asked Dr Z if they produce covers - they don't but they recommended a company to me (can't remember the name off-hand and I'm away from home just now). I need one as my back bedroom seems to be a magnet for dust and fluff....

5. Mark Grant

Mark Grant Tele-Afflicted Vendor Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Northern California
    I have a cover for my Carr Slant 6v that I use. All my amps live in the shop. Thanks to my exhaust fans and air intakes the studio side is fairly clean. Now if I could only find a cover for the old Marshall full stack...:lol:

6. E5RSY

E5RSY Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 5, 2009
    Georgetown, TX
    [​IMG]

7. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 16, 2003
    Memphis TN
    72 PR cover front.JPG

And another reason to use amp covers, not an issue anymore but when my boys were young they liked to put stuff in the "holes" aka input jacks on the front of my Fender amps, I pulled the chassis and there were all kinds of small fortunately plastic bits in there.

And I have made standard amp covers too and padded ones.

8. stephent2

stephent2 Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 22, 2003
    Georgia/Minnesota
    If you got 'em seems silly not to run 'em, I'm talking for gigging.

If it's around the house, I prefer that the amp is ready to use.

Vespa_One likes this.

9. umasstele

umasstele Tele-Afflicted

I use an amp cover when I leave the house for rehearsal, or especially if packing a vehicle for gigs.
    I've currently got the fender-sold ones for my twin and DRRI, but I would recommend bypassing Fender for something with more padding and durability.

10. Guitharley

Guitharley Tele-Holic

Jan 5, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Just purchased my second cover from "CoverAmp"
    This one I ordered with padding for front and knobs, the first was dust cover only..... both are an awesome fit

IMG_0282.JPG IMG_0284.JPG

11. slider313

slider313 Tele-Holic

Jan 6, 2011
    NC
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017

12. theprofessor

theprofessor Friend of Leo's

Aug 8, 2016
    Chattanooga, TN
    I always keep my amp covered when not in use. But since I use the top of my amp as a place to set my pedals, I just sewed a big piece of thick fabric back-to-back to make it sufficiently heavy to drape over the whole thing (pedals included).

13. J Hog

J Hog Tele-Holic

Oct 18, 2009
    Norwood Ohio
    No, unfortunately they closed shortly after the owner died.

14. TeleFunk Man

TeleFunk Man Tele-Holic

Coveramp is the best online amp cover shop. They carry many amp brands and do custom covers if you need it, It's all quality stuff...

http://coveramp.com/index.aspx

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.