Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

How many hours...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 3fngrs, May 10, 2018.

1. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

Oct 30, 2017
    Ohio
    How many hours are you working this week? And do you have a physical work job or a brain work job?

I'll be working 58 hours this week and I have a physical job (that's still a brain job!).

Lake Placid Blue likes this.

2. Colors

Colors Tele-Meister

May 12, 2016
    Nebraska
    I'm not sure. I had to travel this week to one of those "stay in a hotel and sit all day and listen to people with good attitudes tell you all the ways you're doing your job wrong." 3 days of that. It wasn't much work but I feel like it was.

3. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Friend of Leo's

Mar 28, 2012
    Sou Cal
    I’m retired, no job, no brains, no problem.

OldPup, Kreepy, kubiakl and 12 others like this.

4. televillian

televillian Tele-Holic

Oct 3, 2013
    Clarkdale, AZ
    retired. glad i don`t have to work but i wish i was able to

Toto'sDad, LocoTex and 3fngrs like this.

5. bftfender

bftfender Tele-Afflicted

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    24/7 mobile locksmith business..dispatch to techs all day and make the car keys when they come in and wife walks around with a clipboard tracking it all day..never freaking ends...company off..when in studio or on stage

6. bottlenecker

bottlenecker Friend of Leo's

Dec 6, 2015
    Wisconsin
    40, and I finished my week at 5:00 today.
    I used to do 56, but I don't intend to again. Now if they need OT I'll do 46 or 50, but at least I'm still done on Friday.
    At one point when everyone was working 56, they were moving so slow I think they could've got more done in 40 if they had a little rest. Just feeding machines for high production might've made sense, but we do a lot of setups. A lot of small runs and prototyping. Tired machinists take forever.

Lake Placid Blue and 3fngrs like this.

7. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Friend of Leo's

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    I retired last August....I need to go back to work so I can get some rest! ;) This week I'm moving my 92 year-old mother into a senior living facility. I have three brothers who can't be bothered....although they know they have equal shares in the will....PLUS IT'S THEIR MOTHER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!!! I have to do what I feel is right, and hope that karma evens things out someday. (sorry to rant...I'm just tired right now)

8. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

Oct 30, 2017
    Ohio
    I'm a precision machinist by trade but I'm running a CNC mill in factory now. The work sucks and the hours are rough but it pays really well. No one wants to pay a decent wage in a job shop anymore.

Seems like most job shops are stuck in the early '90's as far as wages go. It's odd in a way because what I did before took a lot more skill and knowledge but I'm making way more money now.

Not that it matters, I hate both! Lol

9. bottlenecker

bottlenecker Friend of Leo's

Dec 6, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Yup. That's a true story. I'm really trying to avoid working for a larger company because I enjoy my job, but the pay is terrible.

10. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    I've been hovering just under 55 hours for the past month, which I'm not very happy about. I'm not paid by the hour.

11. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Friend of Leo's

Dec 21, 2004
    central ky
    i'm retired, so i'm going to work 8 hours this week at my sit on the butt Saturday job. I am getting ready to jump into something fulltime, though. I do not have money to buy guitars. this is unacceptable.

hopefully the true-crime book i'm writing will bring in a few nickels.

Crafty Fox and LocoTex like this.

12. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    Somewhere between 30 and 60. I have one of those brain jobs where I'm often thinking about it even if I'm not at work (on the other hand, I'm also posting here throughout the day, so...). It also fluctuates wildly from week to week.

Toto'sDad likes this.

13. LocoTex

LocoTex Tele-Holic

Jan 16, 2018
    Waxahachie, TX.
    Same here. Had to retire early due to loss of vision (thankfully not total). I would like to work at least part time - many guitars I want but can't afford. :cool:

Toto'sDad likes this.

14. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    Almost retired. But I’d just go do part time somewhere. 40wk. Lucky

Toto'sDad likes this.

15. telepraise

telepraise Tele-Meister

Feb 27, 2017
    Palmetto, Florida
    teaching school, 50 hours a week or so. No physical work but enough stress to make up for it. 12 miles a day on the roadbike saves my sanity (and bloodpressure)

16. Boubou

Boubou Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Almost retired, I have executive hours.
    Scientific job.

boredguy6060 likes this.

17. Moriarty

Moriarty TDPRI Member

Feb 24, 2018
    New Hampshire
    40. Grocery. I love it but it's draining. I really only have myself to worry about and "getting ahead" is kind of meaningless to me. So I do my thing and check out at quitting time

ozcal likes this.

18. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

Oct 30, 2017
    Ohio
    I couldn't do that. You have more patience than I.

19. Donny Osmond fan

Donny Osmond fan Tele-Meister

May 6, 2018
    Uknown.
    I'm retired at 42 years old. My health is not all that great. :oops:

20. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

May 18, 2006
    Zero. Retired when I was 46.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.