How long do you typically go without talking to people?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by blowtorch, Apr 19, 2019.

1. beagle

beagle Friend of Leo's

I say a passing hello to my neighbours if I see them, otherwise I just talk to myself.

2. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

I don’t wanna have any conversations with random people. All my friends are at work or online. If we don’t count saying thanks to the cashier I could go weeks or months.

Rev Rhythm likes this.
  3. strats62

strats62 TDPRI Member

i don't talk much but,

"I like to let people talk who like to talk. It lets me find out how full of sh*t they are"

-Rush Hour

Owenmoney and DHart like this.
  4. braveheart

braveheart Tele-Meister

gosh...if family doesn't count:
    the last time I had a "real conversation" was with my ex-girlfriend...we are still very close, two weeks ago on the phone...3 hours
    beside that just the cashier at the supermarket/vaping store (Hello.thanks,bye) or neighbours (hello)

5. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

I'm retired...

6. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Tele-Meister

I can't shut up, apparently.

7. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

since I retired 3 yrs ago, I normally don't have occasion to talk to anyone. but since I have been tending to my sick parents, I have to talk to them all day. it is exhausting. it is exhausting because neither one of them are in their right minds, but you have to maintain this certain balance with each of them.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    telemnemonics likes this.
  8. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

People don't talk to me . . .

9. Uncle Butch

Uncle Butch Tele-Meister

I'm retired and my wife still works so I don't talk to anyone all day (not even myself), when she gets home she does most of the talking about her day. I just ask what's for dinner and wait quietly LOL. I generally don't talk much, especially to strangers. I could go for days without the need for human contact.

10. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Tele-Meister

Same here. I visit my dad at the VA every other week so I speak to a nurse or two, usually the janitor, then. Other than that it's work and my wife and daughter, but I can go days without speaking to them too.

I think about it sometimes and realize it's weird, but I've always been sort of a loner.

WireLine likes this.
  11. raysachs

raysachs Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I'm pretty much of an introvert, so I don't go out of my way to talk to folks, but I live in a small town and often walk the couple of blocks from my place into the shops to do errands or grab a bite to eat or something. And I'll often run into people I know or, at the very least, will have some interaction with the venders I'm dealing with. I talk to my wife several times a day, at least. I'm pretty close to my daughters and my brother and sister and so I'll talk to some of them on the phone at least once or twice a week. I'm not a real talkative sort, but I don't shy away from it either...

I can't really imagine a scenario other than a really long solo backpacking trip (which I never did a whole lot of and don't do at all anymore) where I literally wouldn't talk to anyone for days at a time.

-Ray

12. Moriarty

Moriarty Tele-Meister

Work days? Never more than five minutes, which is kind of unfortunate.
    Off days only my lady and her kids.

13. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc Friend of Leo's

Probably no more than a day or so. I'm of two minds about people. I most likely don't want to get into a deep conversation with you especially if you are a stranger, but I like saying hi.

14. Dennyf

Dennyf Tele-Afflicted

Actually talking? As long as possible. I feel like most people talk just to be talking, not really having anything substantive to say.

Posting on Internet forums, that’s a different story.

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  15. tele-bastard

tele-bastard Friend of Leo's

It's a cold cruel world out there so other than taking care of my daughter full time when I'm not at work I tend to avoid humans a lot I'm single so I enjoy it the peace and quiet that is

16. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

I agree

17. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

I somewhat agree. Some people do surprise you from time to time. That's as I recall; it's been a very long time since anyone's surprised me in that sense.

The last few times I recall saying "good morning" to a stranger, I received silence in reply.

tele-bastard likes this.
  18. Flaneur

Flaneur Friend of Leo's

I used to talk to people for a living, so often, it's a relief, not to have to do so.

I see three of my friends, every Thursday. We put the world to rights, reminisce a bit about old cars and bikes, eat a little pizza, play some guitar.

There's band stuff, most weeks- a gig, practice or some recording. Organising gigs and schmoozing promoters/ venue owners.....is like being back at work but necessary.

I'm on friendly terms with my neighbours and deal extensively, with local businesses- only buying online when the stuff I want is hard to get or unpopular. I thank the postman, when I see him.

To answer the question: there might be three or four days in a week, when I don't speak, face-to-face, with anyone, other than my wife. It's a luxury I've earned.

19. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

During a work day ?

The homeowner if they’re around but since I work alone, nobody if they’re not .

My wife and son constantly after work.

For a 3 person/2 cat household - there’s a ton of jibber-jabber...

My 8 siblings who are all local ?

Hardly at all since I’m not on modern social media (forums are the Model T’s of social media :lol: )

20. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Friend of Leo's

I joked about talking to my self (which I really do), but I'm very sociable..I speak to people that walk past my house or wave to those driving by..
    I frequently speak to people when I'm shopping..I've received some good cooking tips from the ladies that I speak to in the store..They seem happy to educate a dumb old fart..

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.