Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

how did...Billy Bob...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by thumbpick, Feb 21, 2013.

1. thumbpick

thumbpick Tele-Afflicted

Nov 22, 2012
    somewhereville
    i liked this guy when ..slingblade came out..i liked him as the mechanic in ..u turn..hes done alot of cool parts...
    i thought he was the next.. de niro..or ..sean penn..and.. hes even got a musical side...but when i see his interviews ..im thinkin'.. I would'nt even hang out with this guy!....Billy Bob...why so hostile dude?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2013
  2. xMercury69x

xMercury69x Friend of Leo's

Nov 9, 2012
    Toronto
    He was always an a-hole

3. scrapyardblue

scrapyardblue Friend of Leo's

Feb 6, 2007
    central illinois
    Maybe he's still dreamin' about Angelina. Or maybe he's Bad Santa in real life. Funny movie, by the way.

Hey, I don't like Sean Penn at all, but he's still a heck of an actor.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. pondcaster

pondcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 29, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    Overrated as an actor & a musician.

Guy's lucky to be doing what he's doing.

Of course I could say the same thing about myself.

6. fezz parka

fezz parka ---------------------------

Skin that smokewagon.

7. dan1952

dan1952 Friend of Leo's

Jun 24, 2004
    Anderson, IN
    If I didn't listen to the music or watch the movies made by people that I don't agree with or think much of as people, I wouldn't hear or see much. To paraphrase Duane Allman, everyone is an a**hole to some folks and nice folks to someone else.

8. I really enjoy Billy Bob Thornton. I like his movies. I like that he has created himself and has largely done things on his terms. I think people like him are very strong in everything they do. Because of that, they just don't suffer the same fools the same way most other people do and he has found it does not hurt him or he wouldn't do it.

I see Jim Harbaugh getting the same reaction because he is terse with the media. I have friends who are friends of Harbaugh and they all say he is a great guy and a lot of fun. He just does not want to deal with the media.... and he is not that worried about what guys on forums might say about him based on things that they only get a glimpse at.

I've been in the paper before and I have NEVER had the paper report what I said accurately. Never. Even benign stuff was just wrong. Once, just for fun, I recorded an interview and kept a copy. After the article came out, I invited the reporter to lunch and asked him to listen to the recording with me as we read the article together.

He laughed and went along (we were friendly) and when we were done, I asked him if he thought I was accurately portrayed in the article. he paused and kind of sighed and said, "close enough. I get what you are saying, but you aren't really the story."

My experience is it doesnt really matter what you tell reporters, they already have the story.

If Billy Bob messes with them, good. If he is mean to the reporter on the one show up in canada, when you find out the context of it... the producer of the show was completely the cause of the altercation and should own it. In order to 'get' Billy Bob, they agreed to some terms and the reporter violated them... so Billy Bob wasn't 'nice'. So what.

I get tired of being nice just because you have to in order to make everyone feel good.

9. dan1952

dan1952 Friend of Leo's

Jun 24, 2004
    Anderson, IN
    Agree! I've been interviewed many times for various publications, and the ONLY time the reporter was accurate was when a new girl at the local paper interviewed me without a recorder or any notes. She must have had some kind of memory, because she nailed every quote word-for-word. She didn't stay in that business very long...

10. tonedreamer

tonedreamer Tele-Holic

That scene gets my wife all hot and bothered.. Guess she likes the manly "take control" cowboy thing.. :)

11. backporch guy

backporch guy Tele-Afflicted

My favorite Billy Bob role.:D

12. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    I was just recently interviewed for an online piece by a well known writer. I had requested to be an anonymous source due to the nature of the article and my comments, the guy accidentally outed me within 2 sentences. I have also been misquoted in newspapers and had my taped comments on a segment of a national Sunday Morning show edited so heavily, that even I didn't know what I was talking about. I can imagine a lifetime of that sort of thing really makes you frustrated.

13. SacDAve

SacDAve Friend of Leo's

Dec 23, 2009
    Rocklin Ca.
    I listened to him on a talk radio show I really thought he was interesting, the last thing I thought was him being a dick, he didn't come off like that at all.

14. Bones

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
  15. bcarter_1

bcarter_1 Tele-Holic

Feb 27, 2011
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I like french fried potatoes. ?.

16. Bones

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY

with gravy?

17. Doug 54

Doug 54 Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 12, 2004
    Ohio
    Why do we worship actors?

18. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Friend of Leo's

May 1, 2012
    Prescott AZ
    He was a perfect gentleman on Fresh Air with Terri Gross, and very funny.

19. 1962guitargeek

1962guitargeek Friend of Leo's

Oct 9, 2008
    eastern n.c.
    my fav-o-rite line..."you gonna do something or just stand there and bleed?"

:D:D:cool:

20. Bones

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    define "we"

I don't worship anyone.

21. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    If Thornton ever moves in next door to me, I'll let you guys know if he's a poophead or not. Otherwise, I have no concern whatsoever regarding his personality.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.