How bad was your winter?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ASATKat, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Slydeco

Slydeco Tele-Meister

Most Snow since 1977 !

2. Anita Bonghit

Anita Bonghit Tele-Meister

Its been pretty wild in Colorado, snow on my property over 3 months. Went to Durango this morning and turned around 1/2 way ~ complete whiteout. Arrived alive !!!

3. Dean James

Dean James Tele-Meister

This Winter has been brutally miserable, but it's mostly my fault. In November I was feloniously assaulted by a person wielding a high–powered leaf blower. The police were uninterested. Possibly as a result, I developed a tenacious ear infection lasting eight weeks.

My wife's sister has been executing their late father's estate. She is doing a terrible job. She has refused to keep my wife informed, has mingled finances of her own with the estate & refuses to make an accounting, & shows every indication of deliberately heel–dragging the sale of their late parents' house.

This appears at worst to be a delusional effort to create a sort of shrine to her parents, to her childhood, & to her late son, who died there. At the least, it seems a selfishly childish inability to accept life & move on. The house has been unoccupied five years which, due to burst pipes, has already required replacing the entire floor. It's a wonder they don't have squatters. She has proved absolutely impervious to responsibility & rationality. It has been a nightmare for my wife & myself.

Three weeks ago I slipped on thick, hard ice hidden beneath new snow & broke three ribs. They're healing well, thank you.

Of course, you were probably simply asking about the weather. Here in north central Connecticut it hasn't been bad. A few really cold spells, many annoying little snow storms, no crippling blizzards.

Thanks for the opportunity to vent. It helps relieve the pressure. Call me a whiner if you will. I hope it wasn't too unbearable.

4. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

On Long Island, we've had cold days and cool days with two spells of very cold days. That's about normal. We've been fortunate that the worst of the snow storms passed north, south, or east of us so I've only used the snow blower once. I had some sub zero twice while working away from home in Hanover, NH, but somehow what would be absolutely intolerable at home was a minor nuisance away. I think that had a lot to do with having to be out in the weather for at most a few minutes at a time while working there. My wife wasn't too happy taking care of our old dogs while I was away and it was really cold.

5. dogmeat

dogmeat Tele-Holic

tooo much rain here in Anchorage ALASKA. it's 40F again today.....

6. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

It was in the 40's yesterday. Today we're having a blizzard with high winds (60 MPH peaks) and maybe 7 or more inches of the white stuff. I'm enjoying just being home and watching it all today.

7. vgallagher

vgallagher Tele-Meister

Temperature was mild here in Knoxville. Rain-- it never stopped. We got flooded a couple of weeks ago.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.