Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

How awesome are the Squier Classic Vibe Teles?!?!

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by originalritz, Feb 28, 2013.

1. EooN

EooN TDPRI Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Poland
    I will get it replaced with a new one under the warranty, but for that to happen the guitar has to be shipped over to Netherlands.

2. savofenno

savofenno Tele-Afflicted

Feb 16, 2010
    Sweden

I hope you don`t have to wait it for too long!;)

3. stelyn

stelyn TDPRI Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Worcestershire, England
    I agree 100% with Vintage Brit - I think that my butterscotch CV is absolutely reminiscent of the Teles that I remember from the 60s - the pickups might be lesser quality but they definitely produce all the tones that American Teles produce (possibly less volume), and such great build quality - mine arrived in perfect playable condition and completely set up. I bought by mail order. Why would you pay more?

4. johnnyz123

johnnyz123 TDPRI Member

Dec 28, 2011
    timonium.md
    I've had my CVC Tele for almost a year. Still love it! Only change has been .010 Dunlop strings.

Attached Files:

5. Ritchie Rooster

Ritchie Rooster Tele-Meister

Feb 12, 2011
    Hotchkiss CO
    Missed my 67 tele custom, I had to get a CV Custom, I WILL swap with an Affinity maple neck though! Love it the way it is though...took a Scotch Bright pad to the finish on the rosewood neck.

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      49.5 KB
      Views:

6. bipolarbear13

bipolarbear13 TDPRI Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Manila Philippines
    First time to post here and share my CV 50 with the upgraded Joe Barden bridge. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. viking

viking Friend of Leo's

Jan 23, 2007
    Denmark
    Lovely !

Reg pickups , I think there is a failure rate of about 5 % considered normal in the industry , I read that somewhere.

Very often , its just a matter of reflowing the tiny blobs of solder where the leads leave the flatwork.

I received a bridge pickup , with faulty windings a few years ago , from a very respected winder here on TDPRI , it does happen...

8. jeffrev01

jeffrev01 NEW MEMBER!

Feb 27, 2013
    Manassas, Va
    Here's my CV50. I bought it used and whoever had it before me had really abused the black pick guard. I replaced it with a new tortoise guard I got from Warmoth.

Attached Files:

9. Ritchie Rooster

Ritchie Rooster Tele-Meister

Feb 12, 2011
    Hotchkiss CO
    I A/B'd the pickups with my 1980s Duncans, and found not much difference...I had to raise the neck pickup some.
    The nearest retailer is about a 5 hour drive from here (I'm REALLY stuck in the sticks!), So it will be quite a trek to get to GC and even FEEL the neck on an Affinity, so I can make the swap.

10. punder

punder TDPRI Member

Oct 21, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    Been lurking awhile... all the ooo'ing and aaa'ing over the CVs finally defeated me, I ordered the Vintage Blonde last night.

My wife hit me. Pretty hard, actually.

11. doma777

doma777 TDPRI Member

Jul 23, 2013
    south amboy, nj
    I have the vb too..awesome guitar for the money imho sounds better than 52 reissue...

12. punder

punder TDPRI Member

Oct 21, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    I am too inexperienced to form an opinion, but the amazingly low cost combined with reading literally hundreds of remarks like yours, in which this $350 guitar beats out [insert your much more expensive make/model here], pushed me over the edge.

To justify myself, I did sell a nice guitar--an Ibanez classical acoustic/electric--for $200, which means my wife didn't hit me as hard as she might have. :)

13. doma777

doma777 TDPRI Member

Jul 23, 2013
    south amboy, nj
    Haha been there with the wife!... My CV was worth it!...its my go to axe for rythme parts and some stinging blues...my other guitar is a les paul...the two guitars compliment each other like no others imho..the rythme with the CV and lead with les Paul sounds amazing together...

14. sparkletele123

sparkletele123 Tele-Meister

Jun 13, 2012
    London, UK
    Real Purty! Welcome to the forum.

15. punder

punder TDPRI Member

Oct 21, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    Even those who can't play, can have GAS. So my other guitars are a Mosrite Bluesbender (actually my pro cousin GAVE it to me, along with a Peavey Pacer), an Eastwood Delta 6 (real purty, but looking to sell), and a red Fender Custom Tele FMT HH.

The Fender is way easier to play than the Mosrite, I don't know why. It just feels really good, is possibly the most beautiful guitar I've ever seen, and sounds great. Seems a little neck-heavy, and one of the headstock string guides gets loose occasionally. I'm looking forward to comparing the CV balance-point with the FMT, maybe I could put some lead weights in the body.

The FMT is REALLY nice, but I still wanted a "Tele" Tele. I imagine most of you understand what I mean...

Just found out, Nstuff has shipped my CV Tele!! Can't wait.

P.S. I pulled out the Delta 6 last night, to get it ready for sale... made the mistake of playing it... it is awesome. Keeper. Sorry if anyone was getting the idea to make an offer. :) And now back to our regularly scheduled Telecaster love.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013

16. crowhaven2000

crowhaven2000 Tele-Meister

Jun 21, 2011
    New Mexico
    I only have two CV teles, the 50's BSB and the CVC. They are awesome. So are my CV strats, I only have two of them also. A 50's and a 60's. I have American made guitars too. But nothing at all wrong with teh CV line. Awesome guitars.

17. lefty52

lefty52 TDPRI Member

Dec 25, 2008
    Salem, Oregon
    I l my love my BSB lefty! Did some mods and couldn't be happier, she's a keeper. [​IMG]

18. slippin slider

slippin slider Tele-Afflicted

Jul 30, 2013
    California
    That is a beauty, where was it made?
    The reason that I ask is I just saw one, played one and now I want it, a lot
    It was made in China.
    Thanks

19. marsh99

marsh99 Tele-Afflicted

May 3, 2011
    London, England
    in answer to the thread question - pretty damn awesome!

20. psp777

psp777 TDPRI Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Canada
    That finish looks almost matte. I know the CVC's are high gloss. Did you remove the gloss with some wizard sorcery? - maybe it is just the light hitting it :p. These would be so wicked in a matte nitro finish to 'feel' the wood.

I wonder what is in store for the future of the classic vibe?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.