Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

How awesome are the Squier Classic Vibe Teles?!?!

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by originalritz, Feb 28, 2013.

1. originalritz

originalritz Tele-Meister

Sep 1, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Amiright?

Figured this thread needs to be here!!

Post all your love and pics for the CV teles here!

2. RevMike

RevMike Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 15, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Want both a 50's and a 60's.

3. creading

creading Tele-Holic

Feb 3, 2012
    California
    [​IMG]

Love them both.
    C.

4. RevMike

RevMike Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 15, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Nice. Want. Except I want the butterscotch 50's.

5. woodfour

woodfour NEW MEMBER!

Feb 22, 2013
    austin, Texas
    I have had mine for a week now. I didn't post a picture, it is a stock 'butterscotch'.

I absolutely love it, it plays as well or better than a couple of more expensive guitars I have owned in the past.

Have not been able to give the sound a good test yet, I have only a 20+ year old $100 Peavey Envoy Digital Amp. I don't think it provides a fair test.

One problem, the nut has already cracked next to the low E string and I have had to rig an improvisation to keep the E string in the right place. A guy here in town does the 'mod' to a better nut, and I will get that done when I can.

I also have a Squire Strat that I bought in the late 80's. I have always loved it as well. My new Squire Tele, for not that much more money (probably the same or less if adjusted to 1988 dollars) is even better made and smoother to play.

Woodfour
    Austin, Tx

6. Mr Perch

Mr Perch Tele-Afflicted

Oct 11, 2011
    los angeles
    They are so awesome that there is a humongous thread about them right here. They ought to move that thread into this new forum.

7. surfoverb

surfoverb Doctor of Teleocity

Jul 17, 2007
    Virginia
    love mine!

a few mods including fralin stock pickups, cj tooling saddles and electrsocket, pat pend bridge plate, 52RI control plate and knobs and switch tip. Didnt need any of that but its what I like.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Dec 30, 2010
    New York City
    Nice grain on that one Surf.

9. surfoverb

surfoverb Doctor of Teleocity

Jul 17, 2007
    Virginia
    thanks! shes a looker

10. humsoloud

humsoloud TDPRI Member

Nov 13, 2008
    chgoland
    How's pine as body wood (I'm not familier with pine body) obviously compared to alder that you get with Custom model for $20 more?

11. Rod Parsons

Rod Parsons Friend of Leo's

Sep 26, 2009
    Winchester, Va.
    I have the white pine CV50. I used it for a backup for the first time, on a stage, two weeks ago, and it did everything a great tele is supposed to do,... in spades. Great everything. I had to tighten down the jack assembly, but I got it very tight..

12. pondcaster

pondcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 29, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    Love my Classic Vibes & had a pretty decent Standard Tele a while back. Shortly after joining this board, I got a CVC and was blown away. Got a CV50s Strat in OlyWht and then a CV50 BSB. All three were 100% right out of box. Still have the Strat and ended up liking the slightly chunkier neck on the BSB so swapped it to the CVC and sold rest as parts.

Below is one of my favs. Bridge pup died a couple of weeks in so I upgraded to a '95 Telecaster Special that is outstanding. Rockin'est bridge pup I have, sounds like a LP. Even though the stock neck pup is really nice, I put a SD Antiquity II not out of necessity, just personal pref. Electrosocket/switchcraft, Klusons, strat switch tip rounded out the mods.

[​IMG]

13. ShadowChancer

ShadowChancer Tele-Holic

Apr 14, 2012
    Central Scotland
    Classic Vibe / Vintage modified

Ive got two ,a Classic Vibe 50s Tele , and Vintage modified , with the Jazzmaster neck and P90 neck pup and neck . both guitars are amazing in their own special way , both played perfrect straight out the box and both have their own sound , playability and build quality are second to none and I have had many high end guitars , Strats , SGs + (including luthier built gear) and an American tele 30 odd years ago so I can be fairly objective . The Squiers could easily hold their own against any of them , great buy , great sound , great feel , great value , great look , what more do you want ? use both for recording and they work fine , (check out my You Tube chanel for demos) excuse the playing lol anyway here they are with their old departed buddy Moi tres bon trois.jpg

14. ShadowChancer

ShadowChancer Tele-Holic

Apr 14, 2012
    Central Scotland
    Pine

pine sounds really toppy and bright and gives a brilliant tone for recording and sustain (IMHO is really good) , Do remember , a lot of the earliest ones were pine , ask yourself the questions , A) If you were offered a pine original from the first prod runs , how much do you think it would cost ??? and B) would you say NO ??? .

15. humsoloud

humsoloud TDPRI Member

Nov 13, 2008
    chgoland
    Really?

I work with pine a lot and never thought of pine as a guitar material... but then, why not? There are perfectly solid pine furnitures. Just made me think of soft resiny wood.

16. hekawi

hekawi Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 29, 2003
    greenville, sc
    CV's are the bomb. i have the thinline. a superb guitar

17. humsoloud

humsoloud TDPRI Member

Nov 13, 2008
    chgoland
    Besides I really hate delicate expensive piece of furniture feel about my guitar. I like to take it apart, beat around *and caress* until it feels like a part of me. I'd hate to baby a 5k or 25k guitars. The price is just right. I would totally feel comfortable with these guitars.

18. wayloncash

wayloncash Tele-Afflicted

Apr 7, 2012
    Houston, TX
    anyone have the cv thinline

19. hekawi

hekawi Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 29, 2003
    greenville, sc
    me!! love it. my #1 (seen here with 1-B, my Squier Custom)

[​IMG]

20. telefunken

telefunken Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Dec 27, 2004
    North Hollywood

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.