Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

HOT PRS SE Guitars

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by gpasq, May 1, 2012.

1. gpasq

gpasq Friend of Leo's

Last night I was googling around and discovered a limited edition set of PRS SE 245 guitars, apparently available only in the UK. I emailed one of the shops that carries them, and they said they couldn't ship 'em to the US due to licensing restrictions. However, a company on EBay _is_ selling them and shipping.

These are some DAMN fine guitars! Talk about GAS. Sheesh.

http://goo.gl/bsPTj

[​IMG]

2. Joe-Bob

Joe-Bob Poster Extraordinaire

It's just a maple veneer. It's still the same guitar...

3. gpasq

gpasq Friend of Leo's

They're still gorgeous, if you like that look. The SE guitars are some of the best guitars available for the price, IMO.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Chautauqua

Chautauqua Tele-Holic

Meh... I just see a PRS in a shiny suit. Nothing special going on there. I think Id pay more to NOT have the heavy figuring, while as a woodworker I think its pretty I vastly prefer regular "board" grains on guitars... PRS guitars just don't do ANYTHING for me either, sure they're very well made (some of them) but they're just kind of like an amalgam of OTHER famous guitars that never quite match up to the originals... all just IMO but...

6. Tele60x

Tele60x Tele-Holic

I've been playing my new PRS SE 245 more than my Telecaster. HOT guitars indeed. Not bad at all for the price. Like Paul says, "the USA version is not going to sound 7 times better, that's just not going to work."

7. Joe-Bob

Joe-Bob Poster Extraordinaire

I know, I have a 2011 Santana SE. ;)

8. modestglock26

modestglock26 Tele-Meister

Love my SE Singlecut but I'm wanting a 245 pretty bad.

9. paratus

paratus Tele-Afflicted

I have wanted to like PRS, but I just can't get there. I really like the idea of a Starla or Mira, but when I play them, they seem very sterile...hard to put into words, but they don't inspire me.

10. telefunken

telefunken Friend of Leo's

[​IMG]
    I have an old 88 PRS CE-24, that is mistaken for a SE all the time. About PRS being sterile, compared to a Tele or Strat into a clean amp, yes they are. But if you play Metal/High Gain those things are BEASTS. When I get the metal bug, nothing can come close to my PRS!! just my .02

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.