Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Highway One Tele --Texas style

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by kaynray, Jan 3, 2018.

1. kaynray

kaynray TDPRI Member

Mar 30, 2012
    As of today (1/03/2018) GC has 2 used Texas Highway One teles listed for sale. Both have rosewood fretboards, both have 22 frets, one is a 2 tone burst and the other is blue. It doesn't seem that either can be a Texas Highway One, so what's the deal? Wouldn't you think that a company that declares itself a "Guitar Center" would have some idea of what they are selling? Or have I missed something and one (or both) these are are the real deal and I'll be forever sorry if I don't grab one now? I've been on the hunt for a
    Texas HW One for a while and they seem to be rare. Or nobody wants to let
    theirs go. Whatta ya think?

2. Mike SS

Mike SS Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 9, 2012
    Nebraska
    The sunburst Tele I saw there was not a Fender. It was made by "Texas Customs", and not a Highway One. The Daphne Blue model is a Fender. As far as if it is a "Highway One" model you would need the serial number to verify it. E-mail the store for more info.

3. HappyHwy1owner

HappyHwy1owner Tele-Meister

Feb 7, 2011
    Independence, Mo
    All of the "Texas" versions have maple fret boards and 21 frets along with vintage tuners. Regular HWY1's will have 22 frets and could be rosewood.

wmsimpson likes this.
  4. TheRoman

TheRoman TDPRI Member

Oct 16, 2017
    washington DC
    Their errors go both ways...for better and worse. In my case better. Within one week last moth GC listed a Blonde HW1 TT and a sunburst HW1TT has just HWY1. I scooped them up. Both needed a little TLC but now I am throwing some other guitars overboard to finance my new addiction to this model...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.