Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Hi!

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by MaxGibbons1, Nov 14, 2017.

1. MaxGibbons1

MaxGibbons1 TDPRI Member

Aug 19, 2017
    England
    Hello!

I am new to tele ownership and wasn’t entirely sure I really owned a tele...

My firs at foray into the fender world is a JA-90, and although its a signature model guitar I had no idea who’s until I got home and saw the childish scrawl of ‘Jim Adkins’ on the back of the headstock, I then googled him and to my dismay saw who he was and is apparently the front man of a band called Jimmy Eat World.

Deciding I wouldn’t hold this against the guitar, I have to say its a lovely guitar.. but it isn’t strictly speaking a telecaster, its a different animal completely, but I love it.

Ive kind of given into the fact that pointy guitars aren’t for me and I’m not the blood sucking incubus that I once thought I was and am realising more and more that I’m a tele man.. and am now ready to commit to the bit...

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Stringbanger likes this.

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Howdy!
    Welcome to this cool place!

MaxGibbons1 likes this.

3. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Apr 20, 2013
    Northeast Ohio, USA
    Welcome - we kinda like the Tele around here too!

MaxGibbons1 likes this.

4. Thibodud

Thibodud TDPRI Member

Oct 31, 2017
    Louisiana

5. dsutton24

dsutton24 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Dec 29, 2010
    Illinois
    Hey, welcome to the show.

There are plenty of folks around here who will tell you that your guitar isn't a true Telecaster for any number of reasons. If any of them show up, just ignore them. Most of us aren't nearly that demented yet. One of my favorite musicians of any genre is John5, mostly because he's a remarkably versatile and gifted guitarist, but also because he gives the old farts a major case of the willies:

[​IMG]

jannodude and MaxGibbons1 like this.

6. Rythameen

Rythameen Tele-Meister

Jun 24, 2017
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I believe everyone is a Tele person inside, they just have to let it out....welcome to the forum.

MaxGibbons1 likes this.

7. xafinity

xafinity Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 24, 2015
    my Mom's basement
    Not a legit first post without a couple cellphone pics.
    Come on we like all guitars.

MaxGibbons1 likes this.

8. MaxGibbons1

MaxGibbons1 TDPRI Member

Aug 19, 2017
    England
    Haha, yeah I was expecting someone to say "that isn't a telecaster" and explain to me why.. as you say if any of them were to show up I don't think I would be particularly inclined to argue the point.. or to acknowledge it further than I already have lol.. it says telecaster on the top.. buff said lol...

And yes John5 indeed is a great guitarist, I always found the tele in his hands a tad odd.. I get it now..

And of course, some gear pics to have a nosey at, I also like nosing through others gear..! It's fun!

Here is some pictures of my setup, it's evolved over the last year into quite the man cave! IMG_8172.JPG IMG_8174.JPG IMG_8175.JPG IMG_8176.JPG IMG_8177.JPG

9. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

Very Nice. Welcome.

MaxGibbons1 likes this.

10. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 18, 2013
    West O' Philly, PA
    Welcome to the forum!

SB

11. xafinity

xafinity Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 24, 2015
    my Mom's basement
    How did you do the amps grille cloth? Is that silk screened onto a regular cloth?

12. Teddyjack

Teddyjack Tele-Holic

Jan 2, 2017
    Burlington, Vermont
    Welcome to the forum. Nice School Of Rock reference!

MaxGibbons1 likes this.

13. MaxGibbons1

MaxGibbons1 TDPRI Member

Aug 19, 2017
    England
    It's proper speaker grill cloth from a website called bagsoflove.com , just measured the size I wanted and uploaded the image. It is for speakers like stereo speakers so I left the original tough grill cloth on, took the piping off then stapled it all in place over the original cloth, stapled the piping back on and voila... one second hand Harley Benton cab with vintage 30's in that is now a custom one off bad ass cab! Sounds great with the egnator! The cloth with the design printed cost £19.00 and delivery was £4... mental!

14. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Aug 10, 2016
    SF Bay Area/California
    Welcome! Glad to have new members poppin' in to join TDPRI!

MaxGibbons1 likes this.

15. FrankJames

FrankJames Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 9, 2008
    Ohio, USA
    Welcome to the forum !!

MaxGibbons1 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.