Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Hershey's surgery Update

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TDPRI, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Andy R

Andy R Tele-Holic

Mar 17, 2003
    nashville
    Pigi(my avatar) and I wish the chocolate one all the best......

2. TDPRI

TDPRI Administrator Staff Member

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    Re: Paul -

Well, he's taking, no lie now, 15 different pills a day! He's acting like his old self, except for a few odd new behaviors that are probably from the medications. Like he'll only drink ice water with crushed ice in it. And he eats special diet food for his kidneys.

He gets blood tests every 2 weeks and there is no improvement in his kidney numbers, but he's stopped loosing weight so that's good. He was down about 20 pounds and you could see all his bones, etc.

They say, if we're lucky and he stays on all these pills for life he will live another 3 years possible 4. Which would make him 10. Our last Dalmation (a black and white) lived to be 11 and died of kidney failure too. Only he never got sick until the last year of his life.

Thanks for asking. I'll tell you what though, he's getting 10 times the attention and affection now since he's been sick.

Paul

3. Hambone

Hambone TDPRI Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Central Massachusetts
    Zappa and Chunga send their warmest regards and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

[​IMG]

4. Mike

Mike TDPRI Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Dog longevity

Paul, I spoke with an acupunturist who treated his dog with
    acupuncture. The dog had no objection. The dog is 12 and
    is expected to live to be 20. Good luck.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.