Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Helping a friend who's now a band mate out.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Blazer, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 2, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Well, I'm quick with getting back on my feet and I decided to go ahead and get some guys together for a new rock band. And with this one I figured "Fun" and that I would have the funniest guy I know in my band, he just happens to be Robert, a childhood friend who 34 years after I met him still is my best friend.
    roberto.jpg Me and Robert last year around Christmas, I guess this picture says enough on what kind of a person he is. Bob will be the show man, as soon as I told him I wanted him in the band he send me some clips of him singing "we are the world" which we shall cover.

As for musical skills, Bob plays a little bass and a little guitar but he isn't at the skill level to change chords quickly so I figured "What can I do to help him?" And then it dawned on me.

Three string guitar, so I got in touch with him, explained the concept to him and sent him some clips on how to play three strings. And offered him THIS guitar.
    DSC01572.JPG
    One pickup, only a volume pot, nothing confusing. It's as basic as it comes.
    DSC01573.JPG Tuned G-D-G he could play it with only one finger.

And it'll give this guitar which I don't play because I don't like the neck profile, an appreciative owner.

FenderGyrl, CoyotesGator and Jakedog like this.

2. Boil

Boil Tele-Meister

Oct 30, 2011
    B.C.
    Nice, Good for you!

Worked for Bryan Ferry, the rest is history.

3. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2013
    West O' Philly, PA
    If the shoe fits, where it. Good luck to you guys!

4. MattyK-USA

MattyK-USA Tele-Meister

Feb 22, 2018
    Savannah GA
    Good on ya, mate! Great idea, and who knows - maybe he will develop into a more skilled player. It's certainly happened plenty of times before.

5. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    Good luck with the band!

Your friend’s new nickname should be Loog! They’re very hip right now.

[​IMG]

6. TC6969

TC6969 Friend of Leo's

Dec 28, 2007
    Wimauma Florida
    Wear should he where it?

7. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2013
    West O' Philly, PA
    Ha! Goid caw! I is a wird guy fromm way bak, an i raresly mak misstaks.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.