Help with Jensen C10 Variations

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by guitarjesus, Feb 15, 2018.

1. mad dog

mad dog Friend of Leo's

Another CTS speaker of note (to me) was the 12" alnico in an old Sano 250R. Two of them. Had faux, plastic dust caps, so they looked like JBLs when you looked through the grill. Great sounding speakers.

And you're right about the modern Jensens SF. I've heard many. Some OK, some not at all, none close to the older Jensen ceramics. A lot of people love 'em though. I much prefer choices like the WGS G10C, which are reminiscent of old Jensens but a bit fuller sound.
    MD

2. guitarjesus

guitarjesus TDPRI Member

Throwing another wrench in the works, discovered a Jensen C10-S in some Univox amps. Looks just like a C10R.

3. ScottTunes

ScottTunes TDPRI Member

Nephew... Has a shop outside of his home (address upon request).

Quality is still under consideration... I just had a pair of vintage Jensen C10P drivers re-coned. They look great! But don't sound as good as I remember them... Me, romanticizing?? Or some form of truth??

4. bparnell57

bparnell57 Poster Extraordinaire

C10T. I have a matched quad of NOS ones from 1970. "syntox 6" branded ceramic magnet. Maybe 10 ounce magnet? Tiny! I want to make a 4x10 deluxe reverb with them one day. Same cone as a C10R.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.