Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Help with info on Tele

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by BlackieBlues, Sep 10, 2018.

1. BlackieBlues

BlackieBlues TDPRI Member

Sep 1, 2018
    Boston, MA
    This Telecaster is for sale locally, but I can’t seem to find any info on them. What’s the year? Are they any decent?

Thanks!

IMG_6894.JPG IMG_6895.JPG IMG_6896.JPG

2. Telecentric

Telecentric Tele-Meister

Nov 23, 2016
    Boulder Creek, Ca
    According to the squier wiki, it appears to be an '89 Korean made Tele.

How much are they asking?

3. ftbtx

ftbtx Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I'm pretty sure the E series Squiers have a reputation as good quality instruments.

4. BlackieBlues

BlackieBlues TDPRI Member

Sep 1, 2018
    Boston, MA
    Thanks! Asking $300
    What are these usually fetching?

5. 2 Headed Goat

2 Headed Goat Tele-Holic

Jul 28, 2012
    Here & Now
    Not sure but MIM standards generally go for $300. I'd snag it at that price should you dig it.
    I owned a late 80's MIK Squire tele years back and it was pretty cool. They're top loaders, flat 12" radius and some were ply bodies. The one I had actually was ash : ) Should you check it out, ask to remove the control plate as you'll be able to suss whether the body wood is solid or ply.

6. balston11

balston11 Tele-Meister

Sep 22, 2014
    Preston UK
    It's an E9 MIK with silver logo which means it's a full width plywood body not to be confused with the E7 and E10s which are not plywood.

7. Telecentric

Telecentric Tele-Meister

Nov 23, 2016
    Boulder Creek, Ca
    Hard to say. Maybe search Reverb.com, they will tell you what comparable guitars have sold for there. Squier quality has vastly improved over the last decade, and you can buy a new one for the same $$. Play it. If you bond with it, then it's worth it, though I would offer less than asking.

8. jtees4

jtees4 Tele-Afflicted

Jun 13, 2010
    selden, ny
    I had one a few years back. It was decent....that's about as far as I can say. It needed tuners for sure, maybe pickups to be real good. I paid under $200 which I thought was a good deal, about 5 years ago or so. I think $300 is way high for that. Good luck.

9. The Angry Possum

The Angry Possum Tele-Meister

Nov 10, 2017
    Staten Island NY
    Wow Plywood. Wtf? Do they sound good?

10. Ezee

Ezee TDPRI Member

Sep 9, 2010
    PE
    REAL good! Not sure the pickguard is original - They came with the 5-hole version. It looks in pretty good condition. $300? Not sure, I paid $200 - Mint. It plays WELL over the Seller's asking price.

Should you purchase it, definately agree on changing the Tuners. I added Locking Tuners and brass saddles from a 1997 '52 AVRI (Intonation issue free). Seems there's nothing she can't do now, and do
    it well.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.