Help with buzz

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by robotguitar, Apr 6, 2013.

1. robotguitar

robotguitar Tele-Holic

Recently got a 1967 Fender Vibro Champ shipped back from repair. It sounds great but there is some buzz. The tech is well respected but here is the issue. With a tele, strat, and les paul, there is a buzz that sounds like a ground issue. If I turn the volume down on the guitar it goes away. Also, if I turn the tone down about half way it goes away as well. When I plugged in my 1960's Tiesco Delray, there was no buzz at all. Is this something I just have to live with or does this sound like a problem with the input jacks on the amp. Of the two input jacks they both act the same. Thanks.

2. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

I could be very wrong but, it doesnt sound like the amp to me. If it was the amp the hum would be there whether you have the guitar volume at zero or dimed. Are your guitars stock or have they had work done to them?

3. DTPBUSCHPILOT

DTPBUSCHPILOT Tele-Afflicted

Take it to Doug @ DAMAGE INC.

4. robotguitar

robotguitar Tele-Holic

The guitars are all stock. Doug is not around unfortunately. I hope he goes back into business but I think hes still recovering. I might be over reacting. It is a pretty slight little buzz. Just enough to annoy me.

5. DTPBUSCHPILOT

DTPBUSCHPILOT Tele-Afflicted

Recovering? Wha Happened? I'm an old Visalia boy myself. I bought my MXR Distortion + from Doug years ago...

6. Harleyjon

Harleyjon TDPRI Member

Does the hum/buzz go away if you touch the strings and the case of the jack plug from the lead at the same time?
    If it does the guitars need looking at, electrically, as far as ground shielding is concerned.

7. robotguitar

robotguitar Tele-Holic

He had medical emergency and was in the hospital for a while. He got evicted while in there and I dont know if he gonna keep his business going. I hope he does.

8. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

If it doesn't do it with every guitar then the problem is not in the amp.

9. robotguitar

robotguitar Tele-Holic

Well, it could be the electrical. The old guitar I used has lower output on the pups than the modern ones. The guitars are fine on other amps. I need to try the amp with a power conditioner maybe. I can live with it for now. Thanks for the replies

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.