Help with a purchase of a Jeff Beck Custom Shop Strat

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by wahscoot, May 20, 2019.

1. wahscoot

wahscoot Tele-Meister

2. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Without looking down the neck of a guitar..any guitar...I am at a loss as to what that particular instrument can be. Sorry....that is not very helpful. What is the market like for a comparable.....maybe it excellent condition as opposed to this ‘unopened’ condition ion...claimed? $3600 seems to be a stiff price...someone is betting that the ‘unopened’ condition will bring out some serious J. Beck fans....of which I am one.....but one who doesn’t need a signature series guitar.
    Something to help you deal with the GAS.....

mimmo likes this.
  3. wahscoot

wahscoot Tele-Meister

Thanks Wally,

I fingerpick (using a pick very rarely) the setup appeals to me and the exchange rate is very favorable at the moment so it would be around $2400 for a custom shop. Fender had a look at the serial number and its legit. I will ask the seller for more pictures.

Wally likes this.
  4. gitarjoe

gitarjoe Tele-Afflicted

make him an offer. always remember he has to sell you don't have to buy. I played one briefly in a music store, nice neck. I love them big. the surf green is cool( I have a surf green strat, so I can feel your pain. 3, 600 is steep. like I said make him an offer.

5. john_cribbin

john_cribbin Tele-Afflicted

You may also have to factor in CITES as it's an international deal.

6. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I had a JB strat, but I don't think it was from the custom shop...I know I didn't have anywhere near that kind of money in it. great guitars.

7. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

I bought a 2008 "Beck" body back in '10...it has BECK stamped into the wood in the neck pu rout.... I thought it was black as I only had it inside... I paired it with a EC Blackie neck and some noiseless pus and took it outside for some pics.
    I thought there was dust on the body so I got a cloth and gave it a rub.. the dust didn't come off?.. I looked closer to see fine gold flek through the black... probably the best fender paint job I've seen....
    it's a nice weight body lighter than average...

I did have a HH guard on it once, but I put that HH on another guitar... looked good though..:)

the Beckster...:cool:

beckster.jpg

goldflek2 close up.jpg

Beckster1.jpg

black on black strat2.jpg

8. wahscoot

wahscoot Tele-Meister

I have made an offer of $2000...waiting to see if it gets accepted...;)

gitarjoe likes this.
  9. Fluddman

Fluddman TDPRI Member

As someone else already mentioned, you will have CITES issues exporting a guitar with a Rosewood Fretboard. Be careful.

10. teleplayr

teleplayr Tele-Holic

One issue you might have is that the plastic still being on the pick-guard. Sometimes the plastic will bond on the pick-guard and be almost impossible to remove.

11. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

And once removed, there is usually an effect on the pickguard left once plastic when the plastic has been there for a long time....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.