Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Help, wired a neck-on switch, but when switch is on, no other picks up are active (Modern Player)

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by 46andCruz, Sep 5, 2017.

1. 46andCruz

46andCruz TDPRI Member

Jun 26, 2017
    South Korea
    I have a Modern Player Telecaster Plus and I decided to repurpose the coil split switch. I wanted it to be a neck-on switch so that no matter what position the 5-way selector is on, the neck pickup can be on as well. This would allow me to have the neck pickup on with the bridge humbucker. However, the issue I ran into is that when I turn the switch on, no matter what position the 5-way selector is on, ONLY the neck pickup is on. My wiring diagrams are below.

One thing I did notice is that unlike the first switch diagram, there is no wire connecting the last switch lug to the opposite side lug. It goes straight from the last lug to the volume pot.

Does anyone know what the issue is, judging from my wiring? Thanks for any help!

The first picture is where I got the switch wiring from, the second picture is how my switch looks, and the 3 picture is the wiring overall.

Attached Files:

2. 46andCruz

46andCruz TDPRI Member

Jun 26, 2017
    South Korea
    Nevermind! Got it working! Can an admin delete? Thanks!

Attached Files:

• wir.png
      wir.png
      File size:
      18.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017

3. Huddy

Huddy Tele-Meister

Nov 5, 2016
    Newport News, VA
    What was the issue? Always good to know for future in case people have issues in the future.

Wally likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.