HELP WANTED: I want to mount my Mini Recto 25 into a rack

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by DaveTone, Apr 18, 2019.

1. DaveTone

DaveTone Tele-Meister

In an effort to keep all my stuff together and challenge my sciata, I got a rack and put in my power conditioner and a Behringer FX-2000 processor.

I want to put my Mini 25 recto amp in the picture as it sits. I will be putting in a 1u fan up top for intake and another in the back for exhaust.

I dont really foresee putting anything else in this rack unless I cant fit the amp. If this occurs, I will add a Korg pitch black and maybe an EQ - I can still use the latter two in place of floor pedals and I have a MIDI foot controller for the processor.

All that yakking said, Im not sure of th best way to mount the amp for stability during transport. I have a shelf coming and I think I can run the screws for the rubber feet of the amp (marked in red bursts in image), but im not sure if this will work at all or well enough.

Do any of y'all have any suggestions to help lock the amp down tight?

I dont really plan to run my Tele through this rack, but y'all are more knowledgeable than most sites Ive searched. Speaking of which, I did search "rack" and didnt get much in return.

Many thanks in advance - Dave

[​IMG]

Zepfan likes this.
  2. BryMelvin

BryMelvin Tele-Afflicted

You should be able to get a road case designed for that head that protects it.. Then put everything else in a rack road case.
    At the gig stack the two.:)

Alternatively.
    usually you can remove the screws for the legs of the amp. Find longer ones that will allow you to drill holes in the bottom of the case. Buy longer screws: reinforce with a washer and place through case bottom through the rubber leg and into the amp latching it down.

If the case is deeper than the head you may need to add cooling fans.

3. DaveTone

DaveTone Tele-Meister

Thanks, but it is pretty clear you did not read my post. :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.