Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Help needed

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by ajavaid94458, Apr 9, 2017.

1. ajavaid94458

ajavaid94458 NEW MEMBER!

Apr 9, 2017
    Manchester
    Hello Someone is selling me a 69 telecaster, the guitar itself looks exact as it shoukd . The only problem is that the pat no is 2573254 which is easily traceable on the internet but the DES no. 3 143 038 instead of 3 143 028. And i can not find any information on this. Any help would be appereciated.

2. Silverface

Silverface Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Mar 2, 2003
    Lawndale CA
    Patent numbers are not the best things for verifying authenticity. I've seen numbers on decals get fouled up and look different. How about the important things? What is the neck date? What are the body markings? Has anyone qualified looked at the wiring to verify it's original? The pickups? You should have plenty of vintage experts locally that can inspect it for you - that's always the best way of verifying authenticity if the guitar is from a private seller. In-hand is far better than over the internet, especially without pictures.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.