Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Help me : which Tele is it ?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by guiguisrock70, Dec 3, 2012.

1. guiguisrock70

guiguisrock70 TDPRI Member

2. Chris H.

Chris H. Tele-Afflicted

Its a 1993 American Standard Telecaster with both pickups changed, the original would have been 2 single coils. Very nice.

3. guiguisrock70

thank you for your answer,
    Do you think the color is "candy green" ?
    what do you think about the argus of this guitar ?
    Last question, do you know why there's empty space around the bridge pickup, on both side of the bridge ?
    thank you

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Rydell

Rydell Tele-Meister

Welcome here! The colour is caribbean mist. The switch should be 5-way so you have a single coil option on both pickups. Like Chris H. said American Standard with both pups changed. Hope it sounds as good as it looks. Give her a tophat or barrel knob.

6. guiguisrock70

cool, thank you for all these informations !
    Hmmm, weird, my switch is only 3 way !
    What is "tophat or barrel knob" ? Thank you

7. guiguisrock70

Ahhhh ok, I saw on Google what is "top hat" and "barrel" knob ! You find it looks better with it ? (sorry for my english...)

8. Rydell

Rydell Tele-Meister

Well it is what belongs on a Telecaster, that white one is a strat knob. In night long discussions with my Teles they always refused to wear that knob. They said it looks like drinking a mug of beer with your little finger standing up.Just joking. The black ones are for men the white one are for girls,again joking. I think the seymour duncan is splitable, with a 5 way switch you you could opt for more sounds.Your english is fine.

9. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Friend of Leo's

Caribbean Mist 1993..... I have one of these. I am the original owner of mine. It is my favorite Tele...it has that perfect Tele tone. None of my other Tele's come close to it. Mine is all original...its too bad someone changed the pickups on that one.

10. ice_pick

ice_pick Tele-Meister

The holes on each side of the bridge pickup area is not uncommon, usually referred to as 'butt crack' I think. It's pretty common to see it on the control knobs side but I don't remember seeing any on the top. It looks like its original routing, in that case the stock bridge plate is just a little too small and may or may not be factory origin. The saddle and bridge looks period correct though. Either way don't let it bother you, like I said many vintage / classic / great sounding guitars have them.

11. Chris H.

Chris H. Tele-Afflicted

Yeah, the butt crack is common on vintage style Teles however ive never seen one on an American Standard/Series.
    Has anyone else ever seen this before?

12. guiguisrock70

What do you think about the argus price of this guitar ?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.