Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Help find bridge/saddle for Squier VM Thinline 72`Tele

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by vjhn, Jul 22, 2017.

1. vjhn

vjhn TDPRI Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Norway
    Hi there!

I have a Squier Vintage Modified Thinline 72`Telecaster on its way. I have read a bit around the forum that the bridge is not the best, causing rattling, in addition to wrong string saddle spacing causing the high E string to often slip of the fretboard. It is suppose to be 2-1/16 (is it right? I use mm :p). I was wondering if someone could help me find to an affordable replacement on amazon uk or ebay, I cant seem to the right stuff. Do I need to change the whole bridge or just the saddles in that case?

I am from Norway, so Ebay would be great, however, I am going to England within 1-2 months so Amazon uk is possible :)

Thanks in advance!

2. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 3, 2003
    Athens-GREECE
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with the bridge.
    Don't trust the internet ,especially before playing the guitar you just bought.

BorderRadio likes this.

3. vjhn

vjhn TDPRI Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Norway
    Actually, this is very true! Just got convinced before-hand about the bridge.... not good. Thanks for pointing that out :)

4. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 3, 2003
    Athens-GREECE
    mine is fine (I've had it since 2014),zero problems with the bridge and plays and sounds like a dream

[​IMG]

vjhn likes this.

5. vjhn

vjhn TDPRI Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Norway
    It's beautiful! I can't wait for mine :)

6. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    What color!?

Natural?

7. vjhn

vjhn TDPRI Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Norway
    I'm a boring sunburst guy who gets every guitar in sunburst ;)

68Telebass likes this.

8. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    I think the rumour comes from the VM '69 Thinline, that one had a 6 barrel bridge, which tends to be "rattling" a bit. I replaced the 9s with 10s and that solved everything.

My VM '72 Thinline is still quite stock and there are no problems whatsoever.

vjhn likes this.

9. vjhn

vjhn TDPRI Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Norway
    Yeah I dont know what happen with me, I read alot regarding the VM thinline 72 before purchasing it, probably got carried away.... Any way, I read about it here mainly:

http://www.tdpri.com/threads/squier...ecaster-deep-review-mods-and-thoughts.587181/

nicod98 likes this.

10. Macatowa

Macatowa TDPRI Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Holland, MI
    If you want to change something I would consider replacing the ultra cheap PCB 3 way switch, at mine failed early on.

vjhn and nicod98 like this.

11. 68Telebass

68Telebass Tele-Afflicted

Aug 2, 2014
    Northern Arizona
    You will love this guitar- no problem with bridge- stamped saddles function as they should-
    Mine in "boring" sunburst as well- the finish was flawless and wood grain matched without looking "pieced together"
    The sound is awesome- these Fender branded humbuckers in the Squier VM are great.
    Post pics when it arrives!!

vjhn likes this.

12. vjhn

vjhn TDPRI Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Norway
    2 weeks.... I can't bear waiting this long... From this shop, I was considering two guitars out of: the CV strat 50s, the VM Thinline 72s, and the VM jaguar - as these had the best price/value, even before having a 20% off deal:) So i went with the CV strat and the VM Thinline! :D

Pictures will come!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    68Telebass and nicod98 like this.

13. 68Telebass

Aug 2, 2014
    Northern Arizona
    CV 50s Strat???- Yes!!!
    I could not pass that one up as well!!!
    I'm guessing you got that sweet vintage two-tone 'burst finish....
    I jumped on the Sherwood Metallic with painted headstock....just an unusual color for a Squier- and one of my faves. IMG_0961.JPG IMG_0964.JPG
    Tricked it out with tweed and "case candy"!

TreblaNitram likes this.

14. vjhn

vjhn TDPRI Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Norway
    Haha! You were right, I got the two tone sunburst I wanted the 60s more though, I am more of a rosewood guy, but the deal was not nearly as good as the thinline and the 50s. Also,I was really close to picking the jaguar as well, however, I'd much rather have the jazzmaster, and my girlfriend said enough with two new guitars...
    Your metallic green is really georgeous! I was considering being crazy and go for the metallic green as well, but the 65$ extra wasnt worth breaking my sunburst collection (and being a poor student was a factor...).

By the way, have you done anything to your CV 50 strat? ☺

15. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    Why do the CV Stratocasters or the low end Squiers get all the nice colours??? :(
    That green does look great! :)
    Women will never understand that you need to get nice deals when they are available... Suppose you couldn't hide hem in the back of the car? :lol:

68Telebass and vjhn like this.

16. 68Telebass

Aug 2, 2014
    Northern Arizona
    Just play it! no changes yet!
    Funny thing about the Jazzmaster... IMG_2091.JPG
    My first Squier VM. put a set of 12s on it (with the wound G string) no bridge buzz
    I like the sonic blue as well... burst would be a close second for me- I do like sunburst- classic.
    I do believe we are guitar "brothers from a different mother"!!

17. vjhn

vjhn TDPRI Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Norway
    well, next time she shops for plants, decorations, or interior stuff I might got a saying...

well, you wouldn't happen to own a CV tele custom as well? :) your jazzmaster looks really amazing!

18. 68Telebass

Aug 2, 2014
    Northern Arizona
    Not yet- I need a "straight" tele next.
    Looking at the rosewood fretboard bullet tele in sea foam green... low cost- seems like a good deal

vjhn likes this.

19. 68Telebass

Aug 2, 2014
    Northern Arizona
    I'm a rosewood guy as well- but never thought I "needed" a Strat either...everyone else has one!
    That's what drew me to the 50s Classic Vibe.
    Maple fretboard, alnico III pickups, and the neat colors (I'm NOT a candy-apple red fan...fiesta or Dakota red for me- even better- shell pink!)
    This way, I have a Strat to play, and it's not like anyone else's!
    Always going my own way, I suppose

vjhn likes this.

20. 68Telebass

Aug 2, 2014
    Northern Arizona
    It just makes them more fun and reasonable to buy!
    Any QC issues are (hopefully) minor enough to keep them a great value...

Original poster has the girlfreind covered- by getting all sunburst guitars, the girlfriend won't notice one or two sneaking in from the trunk!!

vjhn and nicod98 like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.