Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

help Dean acoustic /electirc.input jack wiring?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by drncat, May 31, 2010.

1. drncat

drncat TDPRI Member

Mar 25, 2010
    rancho cucamonga ca
    so went to guitar center for killer sale day .picked up a few things butter/blonde tele 125..strat players pack dirt cheap .and a beautiful dean exotica paduk wood acoustic/electric .scratch and dent .for 500 off list price i couldn't pass up .i mean 50 bucks for a beautiful guitar that plays awesome . but downfall is lack of input jack plate . just a wire loom with 3 wires .have plenty of 2 wire experience on electrics .but this has a pre amp and 3 wires .tried 2 wire hookup and didn't fly ? any ideas?

2. onenotetom

onenotetom Tele-Afflicted

Jun 27, 2009
    Colbert, WA
    Wow! Some great scores. Dean exotica's are awesome. The BSB Tele is criticized because it is not easily modified but my neighbors plays and sounds great stock.

As for the wiring, the third wire for lack of a better term turns the active electronics on and off. By unplugging you turn the active off and save battery life. Someone here will probably chime in, but if you do some searching you should be able to find out how to wire it. Did you get the correct jack? Look to Build Your Own Clone pedals if you can not find any info as they are wired the same way.

Good luck and enjoy your new guitars.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.