Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Hello from Nashville

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by lothar34, Jan 12, 2013.

1. lothar34

lothar34 Tele-Meister

Jan 12, 2013
    Nashville
    Its odd living in an area where everyone is a guitar player and sad that they are all better than me! in the late 90s A friend gave me an old Hamony and a crap amp and taught me a couple Ozzy and Deep Purpie riffs. It as enough to light the fire, although I can only teach myself so much- so I'd get frustrated and my guitar would sit it the closet for years and years. Back in may, I was playig a lot of BF3. It showed me a stat that said I'd been playing for 230 hours (not in a row of course). I told my wife "what if I'd been practicing guitar tis whole time?" So I decided tor every hour of video games, I'll play guitar for 2. after bout the 2nd time, I turned off the video game and dived into guitar full blast. T PS3 will be on craigslist soon.
    I"m still an awful player, but I've learned more from so many awesome people on the internet just since this last summer, than I had learned on my own in the last 18 years

2. gptco

gptco Tele-Meister

Jun 4, 2009
    colorado springs
  3. FrankJames

FrankJames Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 9, 2008
    Ohio, USA
    Welcome to TDPRI !!

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. rhythmjones

rhythmjones Tele-Holic

May 24, 2012
    Kansas City
    2 hours of guitar practice for 1 hour of video games! I like that idea. I might go with 2 hours of practice for every hour on the TDPRI!

Welcome to the board!

6. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 24, 2006
    Fort Worth,Tx.
    Welcome, keep it up.

7. dblues

dblues Tele-Holic

Apr 3, 2011
    smyrna tn
    Welcome to a great place to learn about guitar. Like many of us you are your own worst critic. Spend time in the Tab,Tips,Theory andTechnique area and keep at it.

8. Jeff R

Jeff R Tele-Holic

May 2, 2010
    White Rock BC
    At least you weren't playing Guitar Hero...
    Welcome to the forum.

9. H. Mac

H. Mac Friend of Leo's

May 26, 2012
    In the USA!
    Welcome, lothar34!

10. GPartysGtr

GPartysGtr Tele-Meister

Nov 16, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    Welcome Lothar34! I like your story and encourage you to just play that guitar and have fun. I've never been into video games, but I believe playing guitar is is something you will treasure your whole life and probably won't rot your brain... well at least not as as fast.:lol:

GParty

11. Fernandomania

Fernandomania Tele-Afflicted

Dec 28, 2012
    Sunny SoCal
    Welcome to the forum. It's funny how if all the kids out there put as much time into learning the guitar as they do into Guitar Hero, they'd probably be pretty good players.

12. electrablue

electrablue Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 18, 2004
    North Carolina
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.