Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Hello from Ioway

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by cherokee jim, Jan 18, 2013.

1. cherokee jim

cherokee jim Banned

Jan 18, 2013
    iowa
    Hi everyone.My name is Jim.I recently purchased a tele copy and had a couple issues to resolve,searching the web I stumbled across the forum.After lurking in the shadows I've come to realize this is the place to hang out.So here I am.LOL.Love the rules and regs-some things not allowed here cemented my registration.Anywho heres a run down of my musical toys and abit about myself.
    Ibanez Gio
    Ibanez Art 100
    Ibanez V70CE
    Epi SG
    Cort Jim Triggs 2 semi hollow w/bigsby
    Series 10 (very first electric)
    Douglas WF-150
    Amps-Line 6 Spider 4 75 Crate KX-80.
    That covers the toys.I'm a greybeard who likes pretty much everything from Classical to COB.Music in my mind is simply communication,like knowing many different languages.I'm a machinist and my latest gig is operating a mazak slant turn.Been in the manufacturing biz for 25 yrs and pretty much have done it all from raw materials to assembly.I work for a company that builds grills,benches etc for state parks,military bases all over the world.If you've ever cooked on a park grill you've probably cooked on one we built-Pilot Rock/RJ Thomas Man.
    I found this sight searching for some info on my latest,a Douglas tele copy with an irritating pop-static issue.Didn't take much searching to find a possible cure here on the forum,I'll be giving the tinfoil a go after momma wakes up later this am.Right now I'm going bonkers waiting lol.Well this has turned into a novel so its time to sniff around and learn some more.Its nice to meet you all and look very forward to meeting you personally and having a chat.Happy frydaze!Jim.

2. Blustele

Blustele Tele-Afflicted

Dec 30, 2012
    NC
  3. electrablue

electrablue Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 18, 2004
    North Carolina
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Rod Parsons

Rod Parsons Friend of Leo's

Sep 26, 2009
    Winchester, Va.
  6. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 24, 2006
    Fort Worth,Tx.
    Welcome aboard.

7. TeleTim911

TeleTim911 Friend of Leo's

Sep 28, 2009
    Calera, Alabama
    Welcome, I think you can find help on here with almost anything from auto's to zebra's. Good place, some real knowledgeable folks, and some very gifted builders and players.

Hope you enjoy it.

8. cherokee jim

cherokee jim Banned

Jan 18, 2013
    iowa
    I'll tell you what the yellow background is easy on my welding burnt eyes.Some forums about blind me when I go page to page.

9. Dingbat

Dingbat Friend of Leo's

Apr 12, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    Welcome C Jim, I know you will like it here.

10. cherokee jim

cherokee jim Banned

Jan 18, 2013
    iowa
    Ding that cat looks hammered to me.

11. spurgie79

spurgie79 Tele-Holic

Jun 25, 2010
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Where are you located in Iowa? I'm from South central Iowa myself. Another member here grew up in another Podunk town about 20 miles from me.

12. FrankJames

FrankJames Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 9, 2008
    Ohio, USA
    Welcome to the forum, Jim !!

13. tlimbert65

tlimbert65 Tele-Holic

Feb 22, 2011
    Northwest Iowa, USA
    Hi, Jim! Does your handle indicate you're from the Cherokee area? If so, I'm just a skip and a jump east of you. Will be in Cherokee to see some live music tonight, by coincidence.

14. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

welcome neighbor.

15. Lenderman_k

Lenderman_k Tele-Holic

Mar 16, 2011
    Bloomington, IN
  16. cherokee jim

cherokee jim Banned

Jan 18, 2013
    iowa
    Been busy sorry.I'm in cherokee.I see the blues festival is in town.Not much for crowds so i don't hit them.My boss is in a band and was co-owner of our guitar store here,unfortunatly they couldn't find anyone to run it so I see today the doors are closed.Yes I lived in this area for close to 30yrs.You guys bundle up if you are heading this way-its dropped 20 degrees since noon and there is some serious strong winds putting the chill on the lil river town.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.