Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Hello from Iceland

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by nutt, Oct 12, 2017.

1. nutt

nutt TDPRI Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Iceland
    Hey guys, long time reader first time poster here. Been reading a lot around here about 5e3 kit builds. Finally took the jump and ordered up a Mojotone kit and a Weber 12A125a. It seemed like a good idea to stop haunting amp forums and start doing something. Gotta start it somewhere, right? So I´ll most likely be the one asking stupid questions after a while :)

Anyway, about myself, I´ve mostly been in the Les Paul side of town but now I have two great tele´s, one is a ´52 Butterscotch replica with custom shop Pups. The other (now main) one is a ´88 black American tele with rosewood neck and Kinman Pups. Oh yeah and a red Washburn HB-35 with push-pull coil split Tonerider Pups is there somewhere :) and my old ever loving Gibby sits around in it´s case.

Looking forward to chat with you guys

2. Old Tele man

Old Tele man Tele-Afflicted

May 10, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Howdy and welcome.

You near the Keflavik airport?

3. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx

4. nutt

nutt TDPRI Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Iceland
    Thanks, yeah I'm pretty close, bout 100km away

5. CJM3309

CJM3309 Tele-Meister

Mar 22, 2009
    Illinois
    I know it's a guitar forum. But I have to ask, are you excited for the World Cup? Not even sure if you enjoy soccer or not, but people have to be excited Iceland qualified.

Welcome and enjoy things here. There's a lot of helpful, knowledgeable folks here.

nutt likes this.

6. tery

tery Friend of Leo's

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    Welcome to TDPRI :)

nutt likes this.

7. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    Howdy & welcome to Tele Town!!
    Congrats to your World Cup qualification...enjoyed your countries scrappy play!

nutt likes this.

8. troy2003

troy2003 Tele-Afflicted

Mar 30, 2010
    Central Minnesota
    Welcome!

nutt likes this.

9. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's

Dec 29, 2006
    Potsdam, NY
    Welcome to the TDPRI.

I'm sick of my life and need to get away. Would you recommend Iceland as a place to live?

nutt likes this.

10. BadMojo

BadMojo Tele-Meister

Sep 17, 2017
    Maryland
    Hello and welcome!

nutt likes this.

11. Allen Peterson

Allen Peterson Tele-Meister

Sep 15, 2016
    Katy, Texas
    Welcome. I'm going to Iceland next May.

nutt likes this.

12. JBFatFingers

JBFatFingers Tele-Meister

Oct 9, 2016
    Canton, MI
    Welcome! Planning a visit to Iceland myself in the near future...

nutt likes this.

13. TigerG

TigerG Tele-Holic

Aug 14, 2015
    Nashville
    Welcome! I'm another wanting to visit Iceland. Seems to be a popular destination these days. About a week ago I went to google "Best time to visit Iceland". By the time I had "Best time" typed in, "Best time to visit Iceland" popped up as the 5th on the list.

nutt likes this.

14. soul-o

soul-o Tele-Afflicted

Jan 29, 2007
    Boston
    Just visited Iceland in April, what a beautiful country you have! I didn’t see all of it, but we spent a week exploring and absolutely loved the scenery, the people and the cuisine.

nutt likes this.

15. MrMarr

MrMarr TDPRI Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Alberta, Canada
    Welcome to the forum! (I literally posted my welcome thread this morning too haha).

LP's and Tele's... yup... I'm in that boat. My favorite guitars hands down.

BTW, I'm sure you get this a lot. But I LOVE your country. Been there a couple times.. proposed to my wife there.. drove around half the country, and planning on another upcoming trip to drive around the rest. It's my dream to live there one day. Iceland is 1 out of 2 of my favorite places on this planet. Indeed, I'm sure you recognize my Avatar.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    nutt likes this.

16. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Tele-Holic

Nov 21, 2016
    Rhode Island
    Iceland nice. My son just visited and loved your country

Welcome.

nutt likes this.

17. Ash Telecaster

Ash Telecaster Friend of Leo's

Iceland, spectacular! How cool! Cleveland now has a Wow hub and supposedly tickets to Iceland for 99$. Ive been thinking of taking the trip just for the fun of it!

nutt likes this.

18. MrMarr

MrMarr TDPRI Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Alberta, Canada
    Do it!!! That is ridiculously cheap.... as soon as we had direct flights to Iceland from Edmonton, I was there. Was not the least bit disappointed. Most of my travelling before that was limited to Asia and North America, but Iceland really really left a mark on me.

nutt and Ash Telecaster like this.

19. nutt

nutt TDPRI Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Iceland
    Thanks for the warm welcome!
    Sure, you should come over especially since the flight is cheap. It can be a really nice place :) I agree on the scenery, it can be stunning. I travel quite a bit for work and have travelled domestically a lot too in my free time and still I often find something new and amazing that stops me in my tracks and I just go "Wow...!" And if you drive for 20-30 minutes, you get a new scenery, equally stunning! Don´t know if I would recommend moving here though, the weather can be brutal and the winters are often dark and gloomy and we have a hard time maintaining a functional government, but the reward is nice. Everyone here is thrilled about the World Cup qualification, I´m not big fan of soccer myself but man! was I proud of my boys! We´re quite full of ourselves at the moment :)

Ash Telecaster and MrMarr like this.

20. nutt

nutt TDPRI Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Iceland
    Aaah it´s by the city hall in Reykjavík! I thought it looked familiar:)

Ash Telecaster and MrMarr like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.