Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Hello! From Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by MrMarr, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Recce

Recce Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

May 3, 2016
    Northern Alabama
    Welcome, it's an interesting and knowledgeable community here. I have learned a lot..

MrMarr likes this.

2. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    I don’t recall him, I was typically in town for only a few weeks, each summer

3. MrMarr

MrMarr TDPRI Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Alberta, Canada
    Man those shops bring back good memories.... sad to say Avenue, Lillos, Godon Price and Mother's Music are all closed down now. L&M did what they do best and scooped most of em up. Avenue just went under when the owner passed away lately.. his wife liquidated most of what was left. One of the ex employees opened up another shop called Stang Guitars. It's a bit further from Whyte but huge space with good stuff.

Frank'n'censed and brookdalebill like this.

4. MrMarr

MrMarr TDPRI Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Alberta, Canada
    That's awesome! So cool to hear stories like this :) I'm happy to hear you have good memories of our city :)

5. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Thanks for the report.
    I bought a cool triple pickup LP Custom at Avenue, though the store was still called by it’s previous name.
    I can’t recall it right now.
    I ended up selling that one to Gordy Johnson when he came through Prince George, BC, when I lived there.

Frank'n'censed and MrMarr like this.

6. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Friend of Leo's Ad Free + Supporter

Feb 15, 2014
    Maine
    Welcome aboard, Mr Marr!

MrMarr likes this.

7. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    I got my ‘65 Guild M-20 at Lillo’s, on a trade in, back in the 90’s

8. eddy jaye

eddy jaye TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Nov 26, 2011
    LA Ronge Sk.
    Welcome neighbor. I can already tell that you are sure going to enjoy your time here - as I have.

MrMarr likes this.

9. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 18, 2013
    West O' Philly, PA
    Welcome to the forum!

SB

MrMarr likes this.

10. tonyj

tonyj Tele-Holic

May 23, 2011
    Alberta, Canada
    Greetings and welcome aboard MrMarr !

As a fellow Albertan, I too remember my arrival in Calgary in the sixties. The drive to the downtown area from the airport reminded me of an endless holiday camp, like the ones scattered around the British coast back then. Then arriving into this concrete infested downtown area, with the massive concrete things that Robin Hood (?) flour had. Thankfully and like Edmonton, Calgary is now an even more wonderful place to live, and of course I love its proximity to the foothills and mountains.
    I worked in the oil patch for many years before retiring and spent a lot of time in Edmonton and points further North (and South). Spent more time there than I did at home, or so it seemed at times.

You are going to enjoy the camaraderie that this forum provides, with it's knowledgable and interesting member base; great people who are ready to help, and share.

MrMarr likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.