Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Headstock decal placement

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by enalnitram, Jan 20, 2007.

1. enalnitram

enalnitram Tele-Meister

Oct 21, 2006
    Michigan
    did I get this wrong? does it look phony? I just put it on there in a place that looked good to me. but now as I look at pics of 50's Fenders (I was going a for a '55 look with this one), I have not seen one that looks like this. usually the decal is farther forward, so that the "r" in Fender is right by the little string guide thing. or the "telecaster" is right by the edge of the headstock.

after I put a few coats of lacquer on it, the edges of the decal weren't visible.

Attached Files:

2. MulliganChebichev

MulliganChebichev Tele-Afflicted

Aug 13, 2006
    Eugene, Oregon
    [​IMG]

this is just one, but they are all different

3. austintele

austintele Tele-Afflicted

May 1, 2004
    austin, texas
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. KYTele

KYTele Tele-Meister

Nov 17, 2006
    North Carolina
    Ok...brutally honest? Left-to-right looks fine. It looks a little further north than I'm used to seeing. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure the originals are hand applied so I there's variation in the originals out there too.

6. maestrovert

maestrovert Poster Extraordinaire

This pic is my '52 Ri's headstock....

[​IMG]

This pic is my '50's Classic headstock

[​IMG]

7. Fatmanstratman

Fatmanstratman Poster Extraordinaire

What sort of neck is that, as a matter of interest? Just kinda looks a little "fat" somehow.....:neutral:

The positioning looks fine though - as long as it doesn't interfere with your string tree...

8. Caper

Caper Friend of Leo's

Mar 30, 2003
    Looks fine to me too, I waited until I put the tree on though.

9. 0le FUZZY

0le FUZZY Former Member

...Most had the leg of the liddo "d" pointing at the "D" tuner or there abouts with a slight tilt.

...Cents yers has the hole inna truss rod plug watt chew haff iss jes fine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

0.F.

10. KYTele

KYTele Tele-Meister

Nov 17, 2006
    North Carolina
    Gotta read the owner's manual again. I could swear there was somethin' in there like, "Please refrain from using your headstock as a paint stirrer." :lol:

11. 0le FUZZY

0le FUZZY Former Member

...Or a weapon as that won waz!!

...It iss broke clean in haff betwixt my index finger and the base of my thumb. His father got mad at his mother and swung it up again the car.

Story on iss won from the bass-mint (click & scroll)

[​IMG]

(deranged internet-based alter ego, with my own lexicon and all.)

Please visit my page

12. blue metalflake

blue metalflake Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 29, 2005
    ireland
  13. enalnitram

enalnitram Tele-Meister

Oct 21, 2006
    Michigan
    thanks all, for the feedback. i'm loving this guitar. about a month after putting it together (in November) it became #1. it was my first tele project.

It's a warmoth neck and body. the neck is a 1 piece maple, vintage modern. i bought it used, so i'm not sure what the 'contour' was. i forgot to ask dude about that. it looks fatter than it feels.

edit: oops, ok, I know what you mean now. in the top picture the headstock is angled away from the camera, making the neck look wide. looks ok in the bottom picture, eh?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.