Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Heads up for Squier Bullet neck auction

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by dannew02, Sep 25, 2017.

1. dannew02

dannew02 Friend of Leo's

Apr 2, 2010
    Erin Prarie, WI
    https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/43782664
    THis is one of those MIK 65804682011717ez.JPG 46393542011717ez.JPG
    things from the late 80's-early 90's. The body is plywood, the pups are... OK. But the neck, I believe these are THE BEST feeling/playing necks you can stick on a Tele. I've had two of them now and I'd totally buy this one, but my wife will beat me with it if I do... So someone here should grab this!

bacongrease likes this.

2. dannew02

dannew02 Friend of Leo's

Apr 2, 2010
    Erin Prarie, WI
    IMG_1946.JPG
    And
    IMG_1947.JPG
    These are mine, I would go around and buy every one of these necks if I could. They're THAT good!

3. dannew02

dannew02 Friend of Leo's

Apr 2, 2010
    Erin Prarie, WI
    Ok so I put in a stupid low bid, and got it. All of $60. It just arrived, and I’ve been cleaning it up to see what I’ve got here. IMG_2191.JPG
    I did some reading on these, apparently they’re Alder with Maple front and back, not Plywood.
    IMG_2193.JPG
    It looks like it got dropped at some point. No plywood in there, though. It has a Brass input jack plate, and what appear to be Fender-stamped bridge saddles, none of my other ones had those. So I wonder what I’m gonna find inside, once I take it apart.
    It actually sounds pretty good, I fired up some Pennywise and Green Day covers on it, now that it won’t give me Tetanus....

horax and bacongrease like this.

4. horax

horax Tele-Meister

Jul 1, 2011
    colorado springs
    dude! that looks sweet!
    Prime candidate for a restoration project...OR keep it as it is!

5. dannew02

dannew02 Friend of Leo's

Apr 2, 2010
    Erin Prarie, WI
    I definitely bought it just to harvest the neck (as I have with 2 other guitars like this) but I actually want to see how nice I can make this one, first. A friend of my wife’s kid wants her first guitar, I bet this would make an excellent present for her...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.