Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

HBO movie on Robert Johnson will star P Diddy

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bob Mc, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Bob Mc

Bob Mc Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Mo'town NJ
    .....(I'm speechless, and no, I'm not joking)................
    .........(still nothing)....(lights going dim)....(ringing in my ears)....thud.

2. genelovesjez

genelovesjez Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    I guess that proves that SOMEONE sold his soul to the devil at the crossroads...

3. Bob Mc

Bob Mc Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Mo'town NJ
    Yeah,

and I bet he wears a suit and works at HBO. Are there no musicians that could take this role?? On another board I saw Keb Mo or Chris King mentioned. They have both acted and ARE musical. I guess we're lucky it's not Bobby Brown.

4. Bill

Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Mar 16, 2003
    London
    Keb Mo already starred in one:

Can't You Hear the Wind Howl: Life & Music of Robert Johnson (1997)

It's sort of a documentary with Keb Mo recreating certain moments in Johnson's life.

Bill

5. Brad Miller

Brad Miller Tele-Afflicted

Mar 19, 2003
    Kokomo, Mississippi
    I once visited the grave of Robert Johnson and had a really strange experience. I will not go into details but I will say a left there in a hurry. I also visited Sonny Boy Williamson's grave earlier that day.

6. Cooper

Cooper Tele-Meister

Mar 17, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    well that's just creepy.

this is just funny:

New Rap Song Samples 'Billie Jean' In Its Entirety, Adds Nothing
    NEW YORK—On Thursday, rapper and producer Sean "Puffy" Combs released "Tha Kidd (Is Not My Son)," a hotly anticipated new single that samples Michael Jackson's 1983 smash "Billie Jean" in its entirety and adds nothing. "When I was in the studio mixing and recording, I decided 'Tha Kidd' would work best if I kept all the music and vocals from the original version and then didn't rap over it," Combs said. "So what I did is put in a tape with 'Billie Jean' on it, and then I hit the record button. It turned out great." Combs' current number-one hit, "Eye Of The Tiger," is dedicated to slain rapper Notorious B.I.G.

-The Onion

7. Tylercaster

Tylercaster Tele-Meister

Mar 20, 2003
    Mississippi
    Chris Thomas King

I thought CTK did a fine job of "Tommy" Johnson in the O Brother, Where Art Thou. He would have been a fine musician for the part. I guess they figure Puffy will bring in more $$$$$.

8. Bob Mc

Bob Mc Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Mo'town NJ
    Or Ben Harper as Robert Johnson

That guy can play!
    I visited SRVs grave while on a business trip, it's right next to his Daddys. I guess some other folks were inspired by Stevie overcoming his addictions; there must have been a pack of cigarettes broken in half and tossed on the grave. I got down on my hands and knees in the mud and cleaned them up. Ruined my suit pants, but I was just doing one kind favor for a friend.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.