Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups

Has This Place Changed? Or Have I?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by JayFreddy, Jan 3, 2018.

1. bettyseldest

bettyseldest Tele-Afflicted

Nov 13, 2011
    Birr is my wife's home town, where they are rightly proud of the Rosse Telescope which was the largest in the world when it was built. In Space Truckers we see how Birr is to become part of the Lofar Telescope spanning western europe.

I don't bother to open any thread which has "hate" or "dislike" in the title, nor do I bother with threads which already have more than about 50 responses. If I enjoyed a thread I will keep going back no matter how epic it becomes, but by the time a thread has 50 responses someone has probably already put forward my point of view, there are enough shorter ones to spend my time on.
    JayFreddy likes this.

2. Robert H.

Robert H. Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2005
    N. Cal.
    Rule #1: Skip the threads that don’t interest you and go to the ones that do. Rule #2: See Rule# 1...
    nojazzhere likes this.

3. newminglewoodblue

newminglewoodblue TDPRI Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Southern California
    GET OFFA MY LAWN!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
    JayFreddy likes this.

4. muscmp

muscmp Tele-Holic

Jul 1, 2008
    that is hilarious!

play music!
    JayFreddy likes this.

5. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 12, 2008
    With people coming and going, attrition may take it's toll. That reflects on content for sure.
    We lose a member like threeplyguy a few years ago, he was always good for smarter threads. I notice at times, I do not see anything I want to comment on. Then a few days later, I am posting in multiple threads.
    elihu, JayFreddy and boris bubbanov like this.

6. Seasicksailor

Seasicksailor Tele-Afflicted

Jun 26, 2012
    Bristol UK
    The Hubble and quantum physics? That's science... apparently a controversial topic. :(
    JayFreddy and fenderese like this.

7. Slim

Slim Tele-Holic

Apr 11, 2003
    Fayetteville, AR
    'Calamity Jane' is an incredible movie. DD is also incredibly prolific; seems she recorded around 1,000 songs? I don't have the exact data. :cool:

But she did a lot in the short time she was active. And her son's life is equally as interesting.
    Mechanic, esetter and JayFreddy like this.

8. Chick-N-Picker

Chick-N-Picker Tele-Afflicted

Apr 26, 2015
    North Carolina
    I know exactly what you mean. I've been posting less here lately and hardly start threads anymore but I've actually started 2 out 3 threads with subjects very close to your list.

I also once started a thread about "Your Favorite Female Actress." I can't find it maybe it was removed due to some one getting a little loose with pictures. ;)

My favorite actress is Alexandra Daddario just to give it an update. She acts good and she looks amazing.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    JayFreddy likes this.

9. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Apr 2, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm here for teh free Teles...
    blowtorch likes this.

10. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Controversial? I think you mean wrong. Like when it contradicts what I believe to be true.
    Seasicksailor and JayFreddy like this.

11. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

I'm not sure that a whole lot of detailed analysis is what we need.

This place is best when it is spontaneous and just an escape from all the stressful "stuff" going on out there in the "Bigger World".

I like pie.

12. fenderese

fenderese Tele-Meister

Controversial? Only when it becomes a religion.
    JuneauMike and RetroTeleRod like this.

13. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

May 11, 2011
    North of Boston

14. zimbo

zimbo Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jan 15, 2007
    Rochester, NY
    How much has the membership gone up or is that top secret?

I agree that threads that are 6 pages long don't interest me as far as reading them or even contributing to them. It's basically 6 pages of variations on the same thing with half the responses trying to be funny but aren't.
    bullfrogblues and JayFreddy like this.

15. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Doctor of Teleocity

Apr 28, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    The thing that killed the glory days Bad Dog was when they stopped allowing threads about music in here... and pushed all of that talk to other forums. The Bad Dog was only created because “sum peepholes” (ahem) didn’t want any talk going on in the forum if it was explicitly about a Telecaster. So music threads were considered “off topic” and pushed to the Bad Dog. Now it seems that anything that becomes popular enough gets its own forum. Statistically speaking, the “I’m I the only one who...” threads should probably have their own forum by now.
    JayFreddy likes this.

16. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 8, 2007
    Norfolk UK
    There are only so many words you say about two nicely made bits of wood screwed together invented by a man who didnt play guitar and sold his company to a cold calculating and misinformed music giant .So roll on Doris Day.......
    JayFreddy likes this.

17. chris m.

chris m. Friend of Leo's

Are we talking about Bad Dog or TDPRI as a whole? With regard to TDPRI as a whole, my sense is that there's a bit less overall GAS aiding and abetting involved. People are much more quick to advise that folks
    work on their chops, that any decent dirt pedal will get the job done, etc. It seems there used to be a much more whole-hearted chorus supporting constant gear upgrades. But maybe that's just me....
    my GAS has been reduced dramatically and so maybe I don't really notice the GAS aiding and abetting chorus as much as I used to....

18. DrASATele

DrASATele Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 6, 2012
    North of Boston
    I though those threads started with "AM I the only one . . . . ?"

I've often wondered how many 'dog threads' are in the Bad Dog Café?

Change is the only thing that permanent.

19. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.
    DrASATele likes this.

20. Anode100

Anode100 Friend of Leo's

May 9, 2014
    Behind my beard.
    I, for one, welcome our Intergalactic Buttercup Overlords...

This is incredibly cool!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.