Has Home Depot ever come to your house and helped with a project ?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Mike Eskimo, May 22, 2019.

1. tap4154

tap4154 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

A friend of mine signed up with Home Depot because he was getting a bit slow, and the way they work is that you have to purchase a certain amount of items on your Home Depot credit card for the amount of work they give you. They don’t really take a cut, but you have to keep shopping with them for your supplies. He quit. In general, over the years I’ve heard nothing but complaints about Home Depot kitchen remodels, but I’m sure there must be some good contractors working with them as well...

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  2. verb boten

verb boten Tele-Meister

When i gave them the map to my house, guy says "we don't go into that neighborhood, even in daylight hours"
    :(

:D

3. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Tele-Holic

Some people scoff at the idea of DIY. And it’s true that the average person might not know which end of the screwdriver to hold. But I learned from my father, whose philosophy was “if I need to pay someone to do it, I’ll learn how to do it myself.” I have found that almost all domestic projects are within the capability of an average person. Provided you take the time and effort to learn how to do it properly, have the right tools, and have the patience to care about doing it well. I suppose someone who does it for a living can do it better than me. But if I need to pay someone $1,000 for something I can do myself in a weekend, I’ll live with a job that’s only 90% perfect. And a shameful percentage of the time, contractors I have hired have done a much worse job than I would have.

Bones likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.