Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

has anyone seen this strat BLUE BURST

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by suboceanic, Jun 1, 2010.

1. suboceanic

suboceanic Tele-Meister

Oct 5, 2009
    Mexico
    hi guys i found this strat blue burst i was wondering how do you perceive the color in real life, has anyone seen this color ?
    seems to be a 1991

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010

2. tgfmike

tgfmike Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Culver City CA
    I'm not sure what the question is. The strat is gorgeous. Should you buy it? Yes.

3. suboceanic

suboceanic Tele-Meister

Oct 5, 2009
    Mexico
    yes for 640 dollars...

4. zimbo

zimbo Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jan 15, 2007
    Rochester, NY
    Looks like a nice strat plus. They will probably want at least $900 for it.

If less contact me asap.

5. zimbo

zimbo Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jan 15, 2007
    Rochester, NY
    Did you buy it sell it or what?

6. suboceanic

suboceanic Tele-Meister

Oct 5, 2009
    Mexico
    iam looking to buy it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010

7. 1962guitargeek

1962guitargeek Friend of Leo's

Oct 9, 2008
    eastern n.c.
    I haven't seen those in person, only on ebay...here's a pic of my blueburst plus.

the pic doesn't do it justice. it has a beautiful grain showing through the blue..

[​IMG]

8. RatherBeFishing

RatherBeFishing Tele-Afflicted

Jun 29, 2008
    where the trout are
    Is it MIA or MIM? There was a special run of MIM guitars with sparkle kind of like that. They are basically standards with a pretty paint job. Not worth $640 if that is the case

9. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2006
    Dallas TX USA
    That is NOT a MIM. That is a USA Strat Plus. If you don't buy it for $640, I'm sure there are several others here who will.

I have seen that finish in real life, and it's even prettier than those pics. I would love to own that.

A student of mine has a grey burst from 1989, Strat Plus, same Lace Sensor pickups and the metal nut. Due to the metal nut, it's very bright sounding, but it sounds good. Very musical tones.

Those seem to average around $850 on eBay these days. $640 is a good deal.

10. suboceanic

suboceanic Tele-Meister

Oct 5, 2009
    Mexico
    I will post more pics when i finally got it.
    does the metal nut affect the sound making it brighter?

do you think the guitar still holds some of the characteristic sound of a strat?
    here is a closer pic of the Pickups. looks that they are gold lace.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010

11. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2006
    Dallas TX USA
    Yes, I think so. Especially for chords with open strings ringing.

Yes, I think so. Very much. If you heard a recording of it, you would know it was a Strat right away. You might not know it's a Strat Plus with Lace Sensors and a metal nut, but you would know it's a Strat.

I have played my student's grey burst several times and it's sweet. I would love to own that blue burst. Congratulations! :cool:

12. electricbody

electricbody Tele-Afflicted

Jan 19, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Those Strat Pluses were top shelf Strats when they were new. It's a good deal.

13. takis61

takis61 TDPRI Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Worthing
    I've actually got that model & colour, mine is slightly older, purchased new in 1991 but I think it was a 1990 model, my Lace Sensors don't have the indent for the name.
    The plastics used vary, e.g. my pickguard is darker & the Sensors are very white looking - the opposite of the one in your pic.
    I also own a 1989 Sunburst & the colours are the exact opposite, more like the one pictured.
    Pluses were top of the range in the late '80s early '90s & IMHO will rocket in price over the next 10 years.
    Body routing is the swimming pool, and it probably, but not definitely, will come with a Tremsetter instead of the middle trem spring.
    This guy can tell you everything about the model http://www.xhefriguitars.com/page2.html apparently this colour is relatively rare ?

14. MrPink

MrPink TDPRI Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Cool! I have a Jazz bass Plus from around the same era in the same blue burst.

15. Trow

Trow Tele-Holic

Jan 6, 2010
    Utah
    That strat is just begging for gold hardware.

16. black_doug

black_doug Tele-Afflicted

Didn't the Bonnie Raitt signature strat come in this color?

17. giginthesky

giginthesky Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2007
    south jersey
    i don't think the bonnie raitt was metallic burst. i remember seeing lots of these in the 90's. nice score!

18. 68 Shovelhead

68 Shovelhead Tele-Afflicted

Dec 1, 2008
    Seattle
    I bought a '91 Strat Plus brand new then, I still have it. I remember that color, it looks nice in person IMO. Mine is Midnight Wine (not same shade as later MIM models), which is a super sexy color too, especially under stage lights. In '91 they came with the hipshot tremsetter, wilkensen roller nut, USA STD trem, TBX tone with the Gold Sensors (the Strat+ Deluxe got Blue/Silver/Red Lace sensors and a different trem as a recall).
    The Strat+'s are pretty under rated IMO, mine still plays really well.

19. takis61

takis61 TDPRI Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Worthing
    Here is mine

Attached Files:

20. middy

middy Friend of Leo's

Apr 28, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    [​IMG]

The Angry Possum likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.