Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Harry Dean Stanton's Lucky!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Frank'n'censed, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    Last night we checked out Harry's final movie, Lucky, at our local film fest. What a fitting swan song & labour of love for an American film legend! The Q & A followup was especially rewarding, talking with the film's local producer. When I mentioned Harry's harp playing, (featured in the movie), referencing it in Kelly's Heroes, he said Stanton considered himself as much a musician, as an actor! Slim Jim Phantom, drummer from the Stray Cats, was one of Harry's buddy's...the producer shared that detail, after the show, when relating how the project came together on a shoestring budget, due to all his friends! I wasn't surprised to learn that so much of the film was heavily nuanced with Harry's own, idiosyncratic touches, recollections, characterization & personality. Speaking with a festival organizer, prior to the movie, he told us some serious cinephiles, considered it the best movie of the year...it was certainly the best, I've seen, to this point!
    *I've purposely saved any film details

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    Skully likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.