Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Harmonic Design Tele pickups match for Vintage+ and advice on Z90

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by redboy_be, Jan 3, 2009.

1. redboy_be

redboy_be TDPRI Member

Jan 3, 2009
    belgium
    Hi,
    I'm decided to buy 3 pickups at Harmonic design

- a pair of pickup for my Fender 50's Japan Telecaster with Bigsby. I'm on the Vintage Tele Plus for the bridge, but I don't know which one to choose for the Neck..I'd like a neck pickup not muddy at all, very clear, and at the same level than the Vintage Plus bridge... I prefer chrome..But the vintage plus does'nt exist in chrome, .. so the website they said the superchrome fit the vintage tele plus..but not too fatty/P90 style? and there's also the mini strat neck tele which be the obvious choice for the clean sounds..but I'm afraid it will not match the volume of the bridge vintage +..So do you know how will sound the vintage + Neck ?

Give me your advices please, I can't find anything on your superchrome on the net for now..

The other Harmonic design will be the a Z90 Bridge, to put in an Epiphone Sheraton (do you know how Z90 sounds great in a semi hollow body) or in an Eastwood Airline.. I have Gibson P94 and GFS P94 style for now in those !

thanx a lot !

Any ideas of how many weeks I'll have to wait ?

thanx a lot !
    Redboy

PS : I play indie pop rock stuff..I like the tele sounds of American Football and Death Cab for Cutie (which are supposed to use Harmonic Design pickups)

2. blue moon

blue moon TDPRI Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Springfield, Mo
    Great pickups IMO. I have the S90 bridge and vintage+ in one tele and they work great together, good for rock and blues. The vintage+ neck pup has a very good clear sound and is not muddy at all. In another tele I have the 54 special bridge with the mini-strat neck pup. Good for country type stuff, very clean and clear. The vintage+ neck pup has more output than the mini strat pup so it would match the vintage+ bridge better I would think. Have no experience with the Z90 but have heard great things about it. Delivery time will vary with how busy they are at the time as they wind these on order it seems. The first time I waited 6 weeks and the second time it was 4 weeks. They are worth the wait in any case.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.