Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Harley Benton copy of "The Prinz"

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by MaskedRider, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Hendrixlvr

Hendrixlvr Tele-Meister

I just ordered one last night. Got confirmation and now it's just a waiting game until the end of August :eek: when they get more stock in, and then ship to me....was a little over $300 Canadian, which is about $230 U.S. with the current exchange rate....i think prices may slowly be creeping up with demand since Prince passed. I'm wishing I would have ordered one last year when I first heard of them rather than waiting till now....:confused:

DarkKnight37 likes this.

2. Dan Spiffy Neuman

Dan Spiffy Neuman Tele-Meister

Apr 4, 2016
    Madison, WI
    I just checked. The price for me to get one right now is EXACTLY what I paid a month or so before Prince's death. Even the exchange rate is similar.

3. Hendrixlvr

Hendrixlvr Tele-Meister

Interesting. I was just looking. I'm thinking it's because I ordered a new one, not a "b-stock" one, they're cheaper. I didn't even notice the b-stock ones.... apparently they're in stock....o_O

I wonder how hard it would be to change my order

4. Hendrixlvr

Hendrixlvr Tele-Meister

Maybe I could even get one of those delxue models instead of the deluxe model lol

5. Txepikat

Txepikat TDPRI Member

Jul 25, 2016
    Humble,Tx
    I ordered mine (6/10) before the new batch (6/23) arrived and got it a few weeks later. It didn't come with the extra leopard plate. I wish it did, I really want to change mine over to the leopard pattern.

6. DarkKnight37

DarkKnight37 Tele-Meister

May 21, 2016
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    I finally got around to making a video about the TE-80. The quality sucks, because all I had was my wife's old and busted Macbook with webcam and internal mic. But I wanted to make it anyway, just to get some more info about this guitar out there.

7. DarkKnight37

May 21, 2016
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    I'm gonna post this, too. I went live on Facebook via my phone while waiting for the above video to process. I made the video public, so hopefully you'll get to see it. It's just me aimlessly noodling for about 30 minutes. And responding to comments as they happen when you go live. I sound like an idiot when I talk...

8. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    Nice job darknight. Stock pickups it sounds like?

If anyone is interested I posted 6 more sets of celluloid PG kits over in the classifieds. Once gone- no more.

DarkKnight37 likes this.

9. DarkKnight37

May 21, 2016
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Yep, stock pickups. I don't really see any reason to change them, either. I'm happy with them.

I hate that I'm gonna miss out on the pick guard, but I don't see it happening right now. Maybe there'll be a next time at some point...

10. BKtelehunter

BKtelehunter TDPRI Member

May 31, 2011
    MS Gulf Coast
    Hey i was watching this live! i think those pickups sound great

DarkKnight37 likes this.

11. Steveinthesticks

Steveinthesticks Tele-Meister

May 11, 2006
    Austin
    I don't see them, they went quick?

12. DarkKnight37

May 21, 2016
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Yeah, I like'em. Hopefully after this month we can get together and you can teach me how to play.

BKtelehunter likes this.

13. BKtelehunter

BKtelehunter TDPRI Member

May 31, 2011
    MS Gulf Coast
    lets make it happen, DarkKnight37

14. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    Neither do I.

... & I was paying close attention to my ad. I hope they didn't get pulled. Am I wrong in assuming bumping your ad does just that?

There are images in this thread on June 8th & 11th I posted. You can pm me if you want info.

15. Dan Spiffy Neuman

Dan Spiffy Neuman Tele-Meister

Apr 4, 2016
    Madison, WI
    Got any left? I am helping a Prince impersonator (who's pretty good). Got him an HB, going to probably get a second for backup, so we'll need 1 or 2 guard sets.

16. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike

17. vlammie

vlammie Tele-Meister

Jan 27, 2012
    Belgium
    Forget 3 and 4 bolt necks, 1 bolt will do... :-S

18. eclipse

eclipse Tele-Meister

Dec 30, 2006
    U.K.
    I never felt my TE80 was as heavy as many have quoted. It feels lighter than my Strat and Hamer. So today I got a new digital scale and the first thing I weighed was the Harley Benton. 7lb's 10oz's. Lightest guitar I own.

DarkKnight37 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.