Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Happy Friday...the 13th!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Frank'n'censed, Oct 13, 2017.

1. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

I wish I could spend the day in bed.

2. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    I’ll get you a sick note for the boss

3. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    I was born on Friday the 13th...

...and so was my wife.

Bruxist and Stringbanger like this.

4. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    My sister who is a nurse is not superstitious, but, she hates full moon days.
    Must be gravitation pull on the cerebral cortex or the like.

Frank'n'censed likes this.

5. Frank'n'censed

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown

6. Frank'n'censed

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    My buddy whose a teacher, always notes full moon days, because kids are always full of
    A teacher buddy of mine, will tell you kids are full of the devil, on those particular days

uriah1 and texastengu like this.

7. texastengu

texastengu Tele-Holic

Aug 23, 2016
    Austone, Tejas
    Keef's survived 125.

43F465F3-391E-45CC-B9E7-CA4F2EE98630-215-00000003D564B41A.gif

badfish_lewis likes this.

8. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

So, I'm sitting here just on dark waiting for my friend Fred to drop in after work on a friday afternoon, as he usually does to swap a few yarns and drinks,,,It used to be to watch the footy but the season is over now..

Thought I'd stay off the bourbon until he got here,,,,

Just as well,,, he phones not long after dark... errr.. I'm broken down in Pomona..can you come and rescue me?.... about 20 miles north of here... Sure what tools do you need? can we fix it or will we sort it tomorrow?... bring a hammer.. gotta knock a ball joint back in.. I took a bit of a short cut and grounded on something then the steering went funny... I managed to get the 5 miles to Pomona and am in town near the Bowlo,...

OK be there soon...

Someone had to have some bad luck on Friday 13th,,,poor old mate Fred...

The ball joint had dropped off the steering arm on the drivers side front wheel of his Toyota landcruiser4x4..,,,

We had a look and decided to put some rope over the chassis rail and a few hitches on the lateral steering arm to hold the arm and ball joint up tight,, wound some zip ties around the ball joint tie rod arm end... tried it out when parked and it held up fine,,, then old mate drove it the 20 miles to my place while I trailed behind.... Sweet..

and here we sit having a few drinks and a laugh.... thinking how many times such a repair has happened in the bush on a landcruiser.... the quick fix was obvious to me when I checked for a solution,,, too easy,,,:)

xafinity, King Creole and texastengu like this.

9. johnny k

johnny k Tele-Afflicted

Jan 15, 2011
    France
    I don t sleep well on full moon. For some weird reason. The reason people are afraid of friday the 13th is because of Jason Voorhees. Everybody knows that.

10. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    9:15pm: no problems so far. If I just don't slip in the bathtub, I should be okay.

texastengu likes this.

11. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    Love that song. Thanks for posting. :D

I like this one also...

Bruxist, 8barlouie and Frank'n'censed like this.

12. +1

I worked in psychiatric hospitals for many, many years and could damm sure tell if it was a full moon without bothering to look out of a window. (I tended not to work on Friday 13th tho!)

13. Frank'n'censed

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    My older sister’s a psych nurse...gotta get her perspective

14. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Can you please explain why gravity increases when the moon in full?

Piggy Stu likes this.

15. King Creole

King Creole Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jan 24, 2011
    Colorado
    The gravitation of the sun and moon both effect phenomena on the earth, most obviously the tides. The moon's gravitation is more obvious than the sun's, but both effect the tides. During a full moon and a new moon, the moon's gravitation is lined up with the sun's, and so they are working in the same direction and not at cross purposes. I don't know what effect the increased gravitation would have on our brains, but it causes neap tides in the ocean.

8barlouie likes this.

16. King Creole

King Creole Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jan 24, 2011
    Colorado
    The legal assistant who handles new client calls at my law firm swears we get the craziest calls around a full moon. There have been studies that link a full moon with increased crime, but the studies are pretty limited in scope. I'm not sure how reliable they are.

17. Endless Mike

Endless Mike Tele-Afflicted

Nov 2, 2016
    Arlington, Texas

18. Endless Mike

Endless Mike Tele-Afflicted

Nov 2, 2016
    Arlington, Texas
    I've talked to cops, ER doctors and nurses, and people who work jobs that require dealing with the public (retail). I've been doing this for decades. I have yet to have any of them tell me they don't find that things become crazier during the full moon.

Scientific? No. Convincing? Yes.

19. bluesky1963

bluesky1963 Tele-Meister

Apr 1, 2011
    Glendale, AZ

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.