Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Hank Junior

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by porgy, May 30, 2010.

1. porgy

porgy Tele-Meister

Feb 3, 2009
    marion IL
    I just had to post this. No big deal, and I know there are a lot of fans of old Hank out there who feel the same way, but I have been checking out some of the old videos of Hank Junior when he was younger and after the accident, falling off the mountain. And I have to say what a change from the young Hank to the Older or newer Hank. And, it is kind of sad watching young Hank sing, because he looks like he is really putting his heart and soul into his music, and knowing his Dad died so young, he actually looks lonely when he is singing. You can see it in his face. That guy has sang all his life and I just have to give credit to him and his Dad. Thanks Hank! You have done a great job. Of course I know there are some out there who probably hate his music, Oh well!

2. onenotetom

onenotetom Tele-Afflicted

Jun 27, 2009
    Colbert, WA
    Never been a huge fan of Hank Jr. In the middle 80's someone gave me concert tickets to see him. It was an incredible show. He kicked the band off stage and sat down at the piano and performed. Then he grabbed a guitar and sat on the edge of the stage and played and told stories.

Always thought that is what a concert should be. If I want the music on the album I can go buy it. At a concert I want to get to know the artist. Hank did a incredible job of that.

3. Telemarkman

Telemarkman Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Norway
    Love both Hank Sr. and Jr.!

It must've been some incredibly big boots to fill for Hank Jr., but he eventually found his own style after being a clone of his father since he was a young boy.

For me it started with "Hank Williams, Jr. and Friends" in 1976.

4. gmann

gmann Friend of Leo's

May 7, 2008
    Okinawa, Japan
    This is true for me also. I was always a big Hank Sr. fan and never really felt one way or the other about Jr. til this LP. There is one prior to this that has
    'Stoned At The Jukebox' on it. I think this was the start of the new Hank. Either way, he's his own man and I love his music.

5. smsuryan

smsuryan Friend of Leo's

just look at my signature...

6. emu!

emu! Poster Extraordinaire

Hank Jr. was ahead of his time IMO. During the 80's he was doing country with the rock-n-roll guitars thing.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.