Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

hands up...how many of you tele folk have a les paul?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by vishnu, Oct 2, 2011.

1. EZrider

EZrider TDPRI Member

May 17, 2011
    Bronx
    In with a Agile 3100 "Lefty".

[​IMG]

2. mrBun

mrBun Tele-Meister

Oct 27, 2007
    Sydney, Australia

Attached Files:

3. Sollophonic

Sollophonic Friend of Leo's

Do Melody Makers count?

They were originally called the Les Paul Melody Maker when they first came out, and have been called that since too.

They are the same shape

Plus they have Gibson on the headstock

[​IMG]

Plus I have got a Les Paul Melody Maker with the P90 and the tun-o-matic on its way which I'll post up when it arrives

4. SouthpawGuy

SouthpawGuy Tele-Meister

Apr 7, 2008
    Way Out There
    '90 Standard owner here, bought it new all those years ago.

[​IMG]

5. Flewis

Flewis Tele-Holic

Jan 24, 2009
    woodstock ontario canada
    I've got a few of them, oddly i haven't stuffed a tele bridge pick up in one yet, but I'm sure there is one out there haha

6. ThreePlyGuy

ThreePlyGuy Friend of Leo's

I have a cherry Vint mahogany studio that has not been out of the closet for at least two years.

7. gpasq

gpasq Friend of Leo's

Oct 15, 2011
    Littleton, CO
    This looks like as good a place as any for my first forum post... two teles, a LP Traditional, an ES-335, and en ES-339. Also play a Zum pedal steel, Gibson round neck dobro, Regal square neck dobro, and a Taylor 814CE acoustic. Oh, and an Eastman mandolin and a Deering Maple Blossom banjo.

The cherry sunburst American Deluxe tele is my "go-to" guitar.

8. MonkeyJefferson

MonkeyJefferson Tele-Meister

Oct 26, 2010
    Nonurbana
    I've played nothing but teles since 1988 (I was a strat man before that). Last year, I picked up a '57 TV Yellow Epi Jr. Reissue, with the P100. I too, still want to switch out that pickup- it's ok, but it SURELY isn't THAT sound- but, I still really like it, and it made me realize that there's a lot of songs and tones I never thought about, because I lacked that "Gibson thing". I was just playing the LP Jr. last night, and it is a great little ride, but I will always love my teles...

9. Paul45

Paul45 Tele-Meister

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    The only one I'll ever need...05 Standard,Iced Tea,Seth Lover pickups,Luxe caps....yum yum!

[​IMG]

10. telequacktastic

telequacktastic Tele-Afflicted

Mar 20, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Only one for me (right now) is my 07 Gibson CS Les Paul '58 VOS in Bourbon Burst.... Names "Lindsay" and she's a beaut

11. Beachbum

Beachbum Friend of Leo's

Mar 11, 2009
    Sand Land
    Gotta have something for high gain stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. cbtd

cbtd Tele-Meister

Dec 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Special with P90s. It is a great compliment to the Tele.

13. cheapgtrs

cheapgtrs Tele-Meister

Jan 3, 2011
    Michigan usa
    I have 2, a 2008 Std and a 2009 Jr.

14. collinsman

collinsman Tele-Afflicted

I just recently added a LP GT Tribute w/ P90's & love it.

15. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Tele-Afflicted

Jan 25, 2007
    GNV FLA USA
    My 2 Gibbies:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used to have a Gibson Les Paul Special, but it was replaced by this Special, which frankly is a superior guitar to the Gibson I had:

[​IMG]

16. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    I've an Epiphone LP Standard in Cherry burst that I really like. An '06 or '07; I'd have to check the serial number.

17. Jeff R

Jeff R Tele-Holic

May 2, 2010
    White Rock BC
    As long as it doesn't have to be a Gibbo, I'll admit it.
    Vintage (brand) gold top w/ P-90s.

18. pblossom

pblossom Tele-Meister

Sep 12, 2005
    Guilford, CT
    I'll play.

'55 Wraptail Goldtop Reissue. I'm normally a Tele guy, but lately this guitar's been getting the gigs. I had WAY too much fun with this guitar tonight.

[​IMG]

19. thefees

thefees Tele-Holic

Sep 8, 2010
    PA-US
    Are Epi Les Pauls included?

I have a 95 Epi Les Paul Cherry Burst. I bought it new back then, and still have it. I recently purchased Seymour Duncan pickups for it, a JB SH4 for the bridge, and a SH something or other Jazz for the neck, which is by the way Seymour Duncans favorite pickup out of them all. It has a little less gain than the 59 but more articulation. So as they say it if you are playing a lot of fast notes that is the one to get.

Besides that I am doing DuhVoodoo mans wiring setup on it with loads of push pulls. I have chosen his full boat wiring that you can read about here, and on the second page are the actual wiring diagrams.

So with the full boat you get the option of split coils or full humbuckers on each pickup, plus series/parallel option, plus out of phase Peter Green style.
    Twenty one different tones are generated with 14 of them being unique enough to use.

One other thing about this beauty is that I learned from Dan Erlwine about setting the neck flat, as in no relief, plus I put a set of 8's on it, my weapon of choice, and between the accuracy that this 1995 was built with, and that setup it actually flies so fast that it rivals my best Teles. I love it.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.