Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

hands up...how many of you tele folk have a les paul?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by vishnu, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Sollophonic

Sollophonic Friend of Leo's

Here it is;-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Makes a brace of 'em;)

[​IMG]

2. FingerMullet

FingerMullet TDPRI Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Southwest, Fl
    Make it two here also..

3. telepath

telepath Friend of Leo's

Jun 26, 2009
    Wales, UK
    Nope..!

But I admit I am hugely GASsin' for one of those Vintage (brand) Peter Green tribute 'Lemon Drop' LP's ..

4. andrenighthound

andrenighthound Tele-Afflicted

Dec 10, 2007
    Bronx NY
    I got 4 les pauls I only got 3 teles:oops:

5. ac15

ac15 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

May 9, 2005
    CHICAGO, IL.
    55 reissue? I have a Gibson Historic 54 reissue, but had no idea they made a 55. I would imagine that they would be exactly the same though, so I can't see why they would even make one. How does it differ from the 54?

6. Jeff_K

Jeff_K Friend of Leo's

Aug 14, 2009
    Katy, TX
    We have an Agile (natural) which is a great guitar and my current #1 which is an Epi Nighthawk custom RI, honeyburst. If you can deal with the mini-LP/SG combo look, it is a fine instrument with many tonal options. It has single coil, mini-HB AND HB pickups, with coil tapping. Amazing guitar for $400 street. Looks like a Les Paul. Especially if you're drunk.

7. joelstrummer

joelstrummer Tele-Meister

Apr 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    91 LP Standard- black. That and my tele are all I that have for electric guitars and seems to be all that I need.

8. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 4, 2007
    New Jersey
    I went looking for one about this time last year. I played everything from Juniors, Specials, Studios, to Standards, Customs and Historics.

The one that grabbed me most was a Traditional...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. NowFender

NowFender TDPRI Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Hawaii
    I like my LP's alot, but I always go back to my partscaster.

10. franchelB

franchelB Friend of Leo's

Sep 25, 2005
    Irving, United States of Texas!
    Because of my marital situation, I've had to give up my Tele to have work done on my '74 Les Paul Deluxe. My Les Paul is my first electric guitar...and it might be the last electric guitar I'll have after the "dust" settles.

11. spiteface

spiteface Tele-Meister

Sep 29, 2009
    United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

My Edwards E-LP-92CD. I got this used second-hand via another forum's classified section. The previous owner took out the bridge pickup (which was an SD JB) and replaced it with a Bare Knuckle Nailbomb, neck pickup is still the SD '59 that was stock. I'm thinking of changing those soon though.

I have since restrung it "normally" - it came to me top-wrapped as in the photo, but I'm used to the more conventional stringing method.

I have toyed with turning this into some kind of Steve Jones-inspired thing with some pin-up decals. Not exactly the same ones as his, but very much in a similar vein. I've been looking at a few sites...

This is also the most expensive guitar I have ever owned, at £650. I love it.

12. RevMike

RevMike Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 15, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Just picked up a 3rd Epi Les Paul the other day. I traded a Dano for it. I bought the Dano about a month ago for like $40 or something rediculous. I found that I didn't like it very much. I thought it felt sort of flimsy. So, I swapped it for an Ebony Standard, shown here with my Goldy and Custom (leaning against my Blues Jr. and BC30).

Attached Files:

13. Guitarosaur

Guitarosaur TDPRI Member

Dec 8, 2008
    massachusetts
    a few gibsons....

Music is about variety, so I have a couple Les Pauls - an '80 Pro Deluxe and a '00 Studio. Plus a '73 SG Standard and an '81 SG Special. They all sound different and provide something unique...

Attached Files:

14. Cliff Hanson

Cliff Hanson TDPRI Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Bromham,Bedfordshire, UK.
    A tele & a les paul ---"heaven"

Yeah, I just traded in my USA Standard Strat & my Gibson J45 Std for an 08 Les Paul Std made in 2010. Liteburst finish, looks really amazing and fitted with Burstbuckers it really sings.
    Weight has been an issue for me in the past with Les Pauls as I have a spinal problem. But this 08 model has the chambered body and feels a lot lighter than previous L.P's I've owned and had to give up on. In fact I don't think it's an awful lot heavier than my Custom Shop '59 Tele.
    So now I'm in Heaven. A Tele & a Les Paul.
    Cliff Hanson. Beds, UK.

15. fretman_2

fretman_2 Friend of Leo's

May 9, 2011
    Mobile, AL
    I have three Tele's, one Strat and a Les Paul Studio Worn Cherry.

16. mattio

mattio Tele-Meister

Jun 16, 2008
    Oslo - Norway
    I have a 2010 Les Paul Jr. It's a great sounding little blues and rock&roll machine :D That P-90 really does sound sweet.

17. inkedintville

inkedintville TDPRI Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Hickory, NC
    I have a 1986 LP Studio and a 2000 Gothic LP.

18. claudel

claudel Tele-Afflicted

I have a semi-homemade, not necessarily anatomically correct one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It goes to 11, though, and has an Electrosocket just like any respectable Tele. :rolleyes: :lol:

Last year or so it has the others collecting dust, but I sense a Tele resurgence in the near future. :cool:

19. Alexandre

Alexandre Tele-Holic

Mar 13, 2008
    Montreal Canada
    I have 2, a LP Studio and LP 50s Tribute. Unfortunately, I no longer have any Tele, so that's the next thing on my list...

Attached Files:

20. caliban335

caliban335 Tele-Afflicted

May 4, 2007
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Here's my 1994 ObG plaintop Standard.

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.