Hand washing etiquette... you ever tell someone to wash their hands?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TheGoodTexan, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Afflicted

Baby steps for the Illini. Shame it took them until college, but hey at least they've now learned how to not pee on their hands! Hand washing is probably a graduate course there. They'll catch up!

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
  2. dan1952

dan1952 Friend of Leo's

Probably good that you said nothing. Otherwise he might have to wash the blood from your nose off his hands.

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
  3. P-Nutz

P-Nutz Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

‘Nuff said ...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    getbent likes this.
  4. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

You obviously don't know TGT. He'd never let fecal matter spattered hands near his nose.

TheGoodTexan and dan1952 like this.
  5. P-Nutz

P-Nutz Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

BTW, “Scrubby Nutjobs” are in town tomorrow night!

6. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

their math rock band is called the 'Fastidious F**kFaces'

or the Felix Unger Tops

P-Nutz likes this.
  7. bcorig

bcorig Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Fist bump. I never shake hands

8. bcorig

bcorig Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

All the time. At work in the Hospital.
    In my job as Hospital Epidemiologist, it’s my job but I’ve never nutted up to do it outside the Hospital.
    Here’s a disgusting story for you. I note similar behavior among physicians at meetings. Once I witnessed a physician leave a stall in the same manner as you describe. I sat about as far away from him as possible.
    We are looking into systems that electronically monitor hand hygiene compliance at our hospital. The systems remind the nurse or physician to wash hands.

TheGoodTexan likes this.
  9. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

A good friend has a phobia of bacteria related to body parts and washes his hands every time he takes a leak at my hunt cabin. With soap. He never takes a leak in the woods even if we’re sitting for six hours or so, and I guess that’s because he doesn’t have soap and water out there with him. I know the deep seated source of his dilemma but it’s too complicated to go into here. I try to humor him with a few exaggerated hand washings on my part when he knows my hands have come close to my body parts.

I tell somebody to wash their hands before they play my flattop, or maybe my Tele if they’re really dirty, and that’s mostly to keep bug spray and that kinda stuff off the darned things. Other than that it’s just “hey you kids, wash that chocolate syrup off yer hands before ya grab the remote”, that type of thing. I’d think a stranger in a men’s room might deck me if I inferred his washroom habits were questionable?

TheGoodTexan likes this.
  10. koen

koen Friend of Leo's

Germaphobe = someone who doesn’t like Germans. :cool:

11. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

I don't shake hands anymore. A simply curtsy is good enough and usually ends the potential for meaningless conversation.

12. Peregrino69

Peregrino69 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I've actually done it a couple of times... gotta keep in mind that "forgot to dry your hands" tho, it's gonna be a hit in a company. Especially with ladies present :twisted:

I'm not really sure where that bodybuilder stereotype comes from. Me and my pals used to hang out in this bar where about 90% of the male clientele are either finance or law; a smattering of us IT nerds thrown in for good measure. I noticed there that the vast majority of the finance/law people never washed their hands after handling their business; while the more casual people never ever failed. It was so bad that at some point the bar folks actually hung posters in the restroom "Gentlemen, after finishing please wash hands". That had no noticeable effect until a visitor penned the wording to "Gentlemen AND SUITS" :D

A couple of times I bumped into the chef in there... and he had a habit of just walking out as well. While I know he did wash in the kitchen where he had a proper towel instead of airdryer, I did give feedback to the bartenders. A chef peeing in public without washing his hands isn't exactly great PR for a restaurant...

13. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

I'm the IT boss where we have food business units and two independent vendors preparing sushi and Asian foods. The sushi vendor is in grocery stores all over the country. I will not eat sushi that's not from home anymore.

We do very well with a clean food operation but not all of our hundreds of employees know who I am. Some are shocked when I offer a tip.

I've refused beverages when I see servers and bartenders rubbing their hands where my mouth goes. One of our accounting staff and I get teased for our ways but she points out how we rarely get sick even though we touch shared keyboards, tablets and money often.

Correct if anyone guessed that I'm bossy regarding safe food preparation and handling.

:)

stratofortress likes this.
  14. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Exactly. Its just a rule I have.

drf64 likes this.
  15. allen082

allen082 Friend of Leo's

I'll just leave this here....

TheGoodTexan likes this.
  16. ce24

ce24 Poster Extraordinaire

Many times you have to grab the handle to turn water on and off then crank the paper down then grab the door handle..... Probably more bad juju there than just walking out.

17. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Besides the kids when they were growing up.

Usually one or two people at gigs, when they're headed into the restrooms. Over the PA get the proverbial......

"Wash your hands, we're having popcorn later".;)

18. Viejo

Viejo Tele-Holic

There was a sign in the restroom of a local restaurant yesterday that said clearly Employees Must Wash Hands. I waited 20 minutes and no one came to wash my hands so I washed them myself and left. Talk about awkward.

19. DaddyG

DaddyG Tele-Meister

This is a problem in my girlfriend's family. Her elderly Mother lives with her and together on holidays they both work to put out a great spread of food. I haven't been to her house on Christmas day for at least eight years because her sister's family ( all adults ) does not understand the concept of utensils. They will stick their bare fingers into food that has a spoon or fork there for their use. I've told my girlfriend and her mother that this is the main reason I do not come over when food is served. They have known of this problem forever, but they are spineless to say anything ( " we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings " ). These people are otherwise nice people, but they don't get it. If they asked me and I told them what I felt, they would be insulted and never speak to me again. I know better than to try and speak on a family culture, I would be the bad guy. Getting back to the problem, they all seem to have a black hole in the brain when it comes to table etiquette and washing their hands. So I'm doing what I deem necessary to keep the peace by not going over there when this family is going to show and food is served. In fact this bunch has never been told about a lot of social faux pas that they commit on a regular basis. But, as I said, they are nice, they just do not know how ignorant they are. They assume that if something is OK with them, that it's OK with the world. A lot of others in my GF's family know of these things and feel the same way. I see them collectively as a sort of Mr Magoo driving down the highway of life and not realizing that they don't have clue or a rear view mirror.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  20. dickey

dickey Tele-Holic

"I don't like touching anything in public rest rooms, I kick the door open if I can rather than touch it."

For this reason alone I don't wash my hands in public restrooms...I use hand sanitizer after I leave.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.