Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Hand tool ukuele build

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by henderson is go, Jun 21, 2013.

1. henderson is go

henderson is go Tele-Holic

Well a while ago (almost a year if I remember correctly) I was asked to do a ukulele build thread, but I didn't really get very far with that thread. I'd like to finally post and complete a uke thread, but then I got to thinking about how my building situation is going to change within the next year or so.

I live in New York and I'm looking into colleges like William and Mary, Vanderbilt, University of Virginia, and a few others that happen to be a good distance away from my house thus making commuting an impossibility. With the hopes that I might have a single dorm or a really cool roommate, I've decided to undertake an experiment. I want to see if I can build a ukulele from scratch on my desk using a limited number of handtools and materials. Some of the things I'm testing are how well I can clean up and maintain a clean environment (who wants to sleep in sawdust?) and how long it takes to build an instrument that meets my current discriminating standards of quality.

I hope to catalog the build here and make good on my previous promise to Glen Smith to post a uke build.

Here's my "workbench"

[​IMG]

And where I'm storing my supplies

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kwerk

kwerk Poster Extraordinaire

Way cool, Brian. I also like that you have a box of sop. One can never have enough boxes of sop.

3. Bentley

Bentley Friend of Leo's

So I'm assuming you'll be making yourself a "kit" at home whenever you get the chance and then the assembly type work will be done in the dorm. Interesting!

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

Alright, Brian is back at it.

6. adirondak5

adirondak5 Poster Extraordinaire

Way cool Brian , this will be interesting

7. Picton

Picton Friend of Leo's

Awwwww, yeah! This will be right up my alley.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.