Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Hammond C3 and PR 40 speaker cab, gutshots etc.

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by ScottJPatrick, Sep 5, 2017.

1. ScottJPatrick

ScottJPatrick Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2011
    Stirling, Scotland.
    IMG_2381.JPG IMG_2425.JPG IMG_2427.JPG IMG_2430.JPG I had the pleasure a few months ago to work on a Hammond C3 organ and PR 40 speaker cab for a local church here in Sauchie, Alloa, (hey ShadowChancer, you out there?) Thankfully the repair was just to the power/line input to the speaker cab and not the C3 itself. There was a lot of crackling and loud pops when anyone played the keyboard but it turned out that an over-zealous cleaner had moved the cab to clean behind it and in the process had pulled the cable to the input causing it to break and short out intermittently. The repair itself isn't the best you will ever see but done the job and finding a new unit to replace the old one wasn't going to be easy/cheap. Lovely sounding organ, especially when you hear it in situ in the church, got a wee video but it doesn't do it justice. Photos of C3 below, speaker cab (inc necklace reverb unit) in next post.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017

2. ScottJPatrick

May 12, 2011
    Stirling, Scotland.
    PR 40 speaker cab.

IMG_2415.JPG IMG_2416.JPG IMG_2422.JPG IMG_2424.JPG

jimbo735 likes this.

3. ScottJPatrick

May 12, 2011
    Stirling, Scotland.
    The repair, not the prettiest, I know, neither is the playing!

IMG_2388.JPG IMG_2437.JPG

4. Silverface

Silverface Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Lawndale CA
    Very cool! C3's are under-appreciated IMO. One of the all-time great prog-rock keyboards, especially with a Leslie. The PR40 is a good "normal" cab but I never cared for Hammond's tremolo. Hammond's amps, though, are tremendous. I have a 15-watt A0-41 in a head cab running htrough a 2x10 and scavenged 8" Leslie in a custom cab with a speed control. One of my favorite "home" amps.

Funny how Hammond *hated* the whole Leslie/rotating baffle idea!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.