Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Hall of Fame vs X

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by klkampman, May 9, 2018.

1. klkampman

klkampman Tele-Meister

Jun 16, 2016
    US
    So in the Reverb world, is there anything wrong with the HOF? Even of it is great, is there anything better? I'm not necessarily a reverb junky but I love the phsycadelic washed out fuzzy sounds from bands like Black Angels, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, etc. Any suggestions welcome. For the price I figure I can find a sound or create one with the HOF. Why not?

2. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Today, I think you get what you pay for in the reverb world. How much do you want to spend and how badly do you want good reverb?

3. klkampman

klkampman Tele-Meister

Jun 16, 2016
    US
    Good question. I just want some verb ala psyche garage tones. I like the predelay option and stereo. HOF seems to be a standard and has everything at a decent price, esp used. Really looking out for major concerns or reasons it won't do what I need. Again, not a reverb junky but it's fun to play with and I also like to run my drum machine and/or vocals through it.

4. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    There are some big fans of the HOF here, so hopefully they'll chime in.

5. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Apr 2, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Black Angels, BRMC? I’m on that wavelength, and all I need is my Topanga, TBH. Surfy Bear build is on hiatus until I get a break. I don’t need ‘lush halls’, worship space, plates, ‘rooms’ or anything like that, just pure trash.

klkampman likes this.

6. kmcanney

kmcanney Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Jul 16, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I’m jonesing hard for a Neunaber Immerse: https://neunaber.net/products/immerse. New, it’s a bit more than the HOF, but I really like the samples I’ve found online.

Now I just need to play one in real life so I can see if it’s true love....

7. klkampman

klkampman Tele-Meister

Jun 16, 2016
    US
    Thanks man. What other pedals you like to mess around with?

8. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Apr 2, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Nothing special, just different dirt pedals, a Catalinbread Echorec and El Cap. Right now I use a EQD Tone Reaper, Timmy (for boost) and Rat 2 on the board. Probably too much but I hate messing with knobs.

klkampman likes this.

9. ddhr

ddhr Tele-Holic

Mar 17, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Although I have not tried a Hall of Fame (yet), I am a big fan of the TonePrint feature (I use a Flashback mini). Between the different stock reverbs and the TonePrint editor, I would think that you would be able to get something that you are looking for. I would use it as a way to create what you want and then if you find you need something more, at least you know what you need regarding features.

I suggest buying a used Hall of Fame, so if you find a need to replace it, you should be able to get back your money.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    klkampman likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.