Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Hadean Antiquity from Rondo

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Danno, Aug 7, 2014.

1. MadJack

MadJack Friend of Leo's

Feb 18, 2012
    Candler, FL
    I just checked, there are 9 in stock of the Light Blue EG-491-7.

2. DavidP

DavidP Tele-Afflicted

Mar 16, 2003
    Vancouver, BC
    Antiquity traditional bridge size...

anyone know if the "Traditional bridge with 3 adjustable saddles" is the same dimension/mounting hole pattern as the Wilkinson/Fender stuff? Stupid low price for a top loader!

3. spencerkopp

spencerkopp NEW MEMBER!

Nov 18, 2014
    mi
    Had my eye on that specific one for a while... But is the ash sx any better for a few bucks more? Replacing pickups and pots either way.

4. Michael A.

Michael A. Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I noticed that the natural finish ash SX Furrian is only 1 5/8" body thickness, but the solid colors seem to be 1 3/4". That natural finish looks super, but I would not want the thinner body. I guess with pricier wood, they skimp on the thickness.

I didn't look at the specs of all the solid colors, so check the ones you are considering.

5. MadJack

MadJack Friend of Leo's

Feb 18, 2012
    Candler, FL
    The SX Furrian Ash is 1 5/8", but I don't even notice it, as it is heavier than my Furrian HH (1 3/4" Alder) and my Douglas Gravity Semi-Hollow (also 1 3/4" Basswood and Burl Ash). I just don't notice the .115" difference between my torso and arm. In fact, the forearm bevel and belly cut make it one of my more comfortable guitars to play.

6. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    Owning both the Antiquity & a Wilkinson bridge, I'm gonna say yes. I'll have to compare them side by side with calipers to be sure. I've swapped a modern MIM bridge out for the same vintage style import bridge that comes with these Antiquity'. My Wilky would have worked on the MIM.

7. DavidP

DavidP Tele-Afflicted

Mar 16, 2003
    Vancouver, BC
    Thanks bender 66...

...that would be great if you could grab dimensions, as well as the mounting screw holes!
    I'm tempted to get one and make it a dedicated slide given the flat neck radius.

8. Kid Kactus

Kid Kactus Tele-Meister

Oct 12, 2011
    United States
    I ordered tonight a Surf Green Hadean EG 491 with the humbucker neck pickup. Gotta have a little fun in your life. I've blown 99 bucks on much worse things.

I think. :0

9. Kid Kactus

Kid Kactus Tele-Meister

Oct 12, 2011
    United States
    Gigged the Hadean Surf Green tele last night and was quite impressed by the playability of it, especially for 99 bucks! I brought my Fender AM Deluxe ash along just in case and never saw the need to switch it up. A much flatter radius of course than the AM Deluxe and a thinner feeling neck, but a nice flame, fit and finish. Worth the cash, IMHO.

10. notme

notme TDPRI Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Kamloops BC Canada
    Thanks for this thread guys. I cant find a lot of info on this guitar and finally found the info on the neck size here. Sounds like its close to my squier strat standard. Flatter radius Im fine with.
    Not a lot of finishes in stock I like right now. Leaning towards the white w/single coils.

11. brown meadows

brown meadows Tele-Meister

Oct 1, 2006
    NC
    Got one on the way -going to get "Esquired"

12. MadJack

MadJack Friend of Leo's

Feb 18, 2012
    Candler, FL

13. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    I'll get those when I have light in my music room. Sorry about not paying attention.

I want to go this route with mine. Always wanted a Sherwood green/tort tele w RW neck.
    [​IMG]

14. notme

notme TDPRI Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Kamloops BC Canada
    edit....nevermind

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014

15. notme

notme TDPRI Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Kamloops BC Canada

16. Vintage Fan

Vintage Fan Tele-Meister

Sep 10, 2014
    Dallas
    I used to buy Rondo's SX tele copies. The new ones from the last few years all have a serious wood shrinkage and neck warping problem. Spent many hours filing fret ends and constantly adjusting truss rods and saddles. Finally threw half dozen in the dumpster....Still have 3 on good shape from earlier years, 10 or so years ago. Once the fret ends are filed snug, they play well. But newer ones have baaaad wood shrinkage after a few months. My Fender American Special tele's necks stay true and no shrinking wood thus no sharp fret ends. I use the SX teles to try out mods on. If I like the mod, I then do the mod on my Fenders....,and my house is humidified.

17. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

thats interesting. i wonder what is going on.. not letting wood cure? acclimating problems for the factory. seems he is getting rid of his lower agile line.. i have one of his agile les paul great axe but im not a les paul kind of guy i guess. or maybe i need a fat 50s neck.. dunno, i have my tele im happy.

chris.

18. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

and the string furrels are drilled strait for the strings to go through. heh. nice color.

chris.

19. notme

notme TDPRI Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Kamloops BC Canada
    The straight string furrels are a picky little thing on a $90 guitar, but I agree with most and prefer the straight ones.

Also I read somewhere the hadeans are not made in same factory as SX, anything you read on the net is true right? ;):rolleyes: So hopefully these dont have shrinking problems.

20. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    22 fret neck. Overhang makes it look deceiving.

As much as I hate to, I might put mine on the block. Too many guitars & projects.

IMO these are the best platforms at Rondo.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.