Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Hadean Antiquity from Rondo

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Danno, Aug 7, 2014.

1. tvvoodoo

tvvoodoo Tele-Afflicted

Jun 11, 2010
    Western Canada
    Thank you for this discussion fellas... valuable.

2. stratman1969

stratman1969 TDPRI Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Herndon, VA
    Order some more, Kurt!

3. IrishTeleDan

IrishTeleDan TDPRI Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Ireland
    Would anyone be in a position to post the dimensions of the neck pocket of their Hadean? also, does the surf green look similar to the fender colour. I bought a "surf green" body off the internet before and it was way too dark, almost garden green.

4. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    I'd already measured the width & posted it somewhere. It was a touch larger than the Furrian neck I put in the pocket to check. I was hoping to swap that RW neck onto another. I don't think it's Fender spec, as I'd hoped.

It's not a bad neck actually

5. IrishTeleDan

IrishTeleDan TDPRI Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Ireland
    That's a shame, Do you think I'd be completely crazy to try make a fender neck fit that pocket? possibly by shimming it at the sides if necessary? Or am I just fooling myself? I love that surf green colour and I love light weight guitars. But I don't love the expense that would be involved in respraying my super heavy hwy 1.

6. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    Plenty of people have done it. Just search through the Rondo threads here.

You might wanna try that neck before jumping the gun.

Here's a vid of the surf green.

Looks pretty surf green to me.

7. 4telecaster4

4telecaster4 Tele-Meister

Oct 26, 2011
    Here is my Hedean candy apple red double bound....all I did was change the pickguard and did a setup so far.....the pickups are very usable....but will be replaced in the future....the neck is great it setup to a nice low action and plays like butter..with a med. flamed neck....its a keeper....would like to get one of those relic hadeans with the rosewood neck...and swap necks with this one. ...a car with a rosewood neck...nice..it probably weighs in the 7 lb range..just a suggestion to Rondo save some money with production costs .....sell all of these with a top loader 3 barrel...we'll do the rest of the work...anyways some nice guitars for us on the lower end of the food chain....Thanks

Attached Files:

• 218.jpg
      218.jpg
      File size:
      99.3 KB
      Views:
    • 206.jpg
      206.jpg
      File size:
      71.9 KB
      Views:
    • 210.jpg
      210.jpg
      File size:
      34.2 KB
      Views:
    • 212.jpg
      212.jpg
      File size:
      73.1 KB
      Views:
    • 217.jpg
      217.jpg
      File size:
      70.8 KB
      Views:

8. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

that red looks sharp. i know some people do not like the uneven string on the back. if it bugged me i would just rout out a string bar, out of some brass ( i do have some wrout iron from the 1800s id use now i think about it. ). problem solved.

im probably gonna get one next month, i do not have a tele, and im in the mood for one. how is the neck on yours? is it super skinny? that is my one worrie. and he does not offer a wide neck option in any tele, agile, or sx, etc.

chris.

9. vanr

vanr Tele-Holic

Oct 20, 2003
    AZ
    Is that Hadean as in "from Hades"? If so, count me out.

10. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

11. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    I was going to do just that neck swap, having bought the Atiquity too, but measured with my calipers, the heel is a bit larger on the Antiquity. Ill double check that soon.

I bought the CAR too, mentioned above. Same flame in the neck. If I have to leave the maple on there, I won't be too disappointed. I am gonna re-shape it & refinish though.

Great pics. Did you make your own pg?

12. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

when you have the calipers out, could you measure the thickness of the neck too? like at the first fret, 5th, 12, etc

id appreciate it. if not thats cool.
    chris.

13. 4telecaster4

Oct 26, 2011
    Store bought pickguard.....I might just leave it the way it is..

14. 4telecaster4

Oct 26, 2011
    the uneven strings in the back don't bug me I just like the look of the smaller vintage style bridge better on the front compared to the larger 6 saddle

15. GCKelloch

GCKelloch Tele-Afflicted

Apr 10, 2011
    MA USA
    I'm not big on red guitars, but that CAR really does look sweet. If I didn't know better, I'd think the neck has been baked, especially with how the flame comes out on the rear. It does say “aged” Maple. What easier way to age it than by baking? The SX necks look the same. For that price, I think I might go for one.

16. MadJack

MadJack Friend of Leo's

Feb 18, 2012
    Candler, FL
    I don't see where someone with a drill press (or good with a hand drill) couldn't drill out their own string-through holes. Just do a good chamfer on them, as not to cut or bind the strings. If the staggered holes are too close to drill, you could Dremel out the holes into slots, them chamfer them.

17. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    Are you referring to the SX or the Hadean?

The Hadean already has the string thru holes practically drilled for you. I haven't checked to see how deep they are as I've not had the bridge off yet. It'd be easy to finish that job with a press, yes.

18. MadJack

MadJack Friend of Leo's

Feb 18, 2012
    Candler, FL
    This would be for the bridge plates for the SX and the Hadean Double Bound guitars. The solid color Hadeans (un-bound) have the inline string-through holes.

19. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    I get 2 7/32" heel width for the Antiquity, slightly larger than the 2 11/64' of the SX Furrian neck. The pocket looks to measure at .698 or 45/64" depth.

Rosewood neck of the Antiquity goes .798 at 1st, .84 at 5th, & .913 at 12th. I also noticed the fretwire isn't the big honking jumbo frets either. 2.1 mm, so maybe that'd be vintage? Still has a 14" radius board though, so it's kinda all over the place.

Getting around to polishing up the frets now, but no sharp edges anywhere. Gonna roll it just a bit & call it good. I think this neck will stay on the Antiquity & the flamed maple will stay with the CAR double bound Furrian after all. The intention was a swap initially.

43mm nut width.

20. Guitaruji

Guitaruji TDPRI Member

May 19, 2011
    Orange County, SoCal
    One Hadean Antiquity still available as of 11/17.....

Heads up - Rondo's latest email shows at least one Antiquity in stock right now....(I'm still in-progress on mine).

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.