Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Hadean Antiquity from Rondo

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Danno, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Danno

Danno Tele-Holic

Jan 23, 2008
    NC

2. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    rondo is entering the belt-sander relic world, eh?

still, cool guit

3. Strat62

Strat62 Friend of Leo's

Feb 18, 2008
    Cambridge Vt.

4. vintage clubber

vintage clubber Friend of Leo's

Apr 12, 2012
    Mechanicsville, VA

5. MadJack

MadJack Friend of Leo's

Feb 18, 2012
    Candler, FL
    To make the relic job complete, play it after doing yard work, pulling weeds, mowing weed eating, etc...No washing up before playing it.

6. Singin' Dave

Singin' Dave Friend of Leo's

May 22, 2008
    Chicago
    That is mighty tempting for the cost of a dinner out.....

7. Lonn

Lonn Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    I've got a nice Tele neck that would go great with that. Hmm,

8. neilshane

neilshane Tele-Meister

Jul 28, 2008
    St. Louis, MO
    Anyone bought one of these yet? I'm giving it some serious consideration.

9. muchxs

muchxs Doctor of Teleocity

Aug 14, 2004
    New England
    At $90 a pop what's to think about? :rolleyes:

They're gettin' hip to the fact that they sell the Epiphone Valve Junior of Telecasters. You can't beat the dirt cheap price and you're gonna change pickups anyway, right?

I ignored Rondo for years. Then one day their setup guy's Champion 600 blew up. I went over there and picked it up. I was surprised. Gasoline is four times more expensive than it was when I was a kid but $100 guitars are four times better than they used to be. I'm talkin' stuff like "lawsuit" Ibanez guitars, maybe vintage Cort or Westone although they're not all in the same category. Rondo's hardware and setup is way better than cheap guitars of days gone by. Dare I say it? Their stuff is probably better than mid- '70s Fender.

10. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    If that's the same RW neck shape that comes on Rondo's Douglas P90 guit (no skunk stripe), it's a pretty good neck shape/thickness already. I like this one for the cream color & RW board. Kurt doesn't really have an assortment of RW T-type guits.

Much better pic angle doesn't have the photo washed out.
    [​IMG]

I found my Bday present this week.

11. bparnell57

bparnell57 Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 10, 2014
    Philadelphia, PA
    I think that headstock on the tele would look good with a vulture or eagle head painted on.... The tip looks like a curves eagle beak... Hahaha

12. vintage clubber

Apr 12, 2012
    Mechanicsville, VA
    ;)

[​IMG]

13. vintage clubber

Apr 12, 2012
    Mechanicsville, VA
    I wish he would post a picture with an angle that shows the jack plate.

14. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    I'll let you know soon enough clubber. Mine's on the way.
    I'm almost certain it's prob the inexpensive oval shape that comes with all his SX/Douglas bottom feeders.

Good idea with the bird beak on the headstock. I might have to put a Hawkeye logo up there as a home state homage.

Btw- Kurt says there's more T types on the way when I asked about a specific models.

15. MadJack

MadJack Friend of Leo's

Feb 18, 2012
    Candler, FL
    There's 19 different T-Styles at this time, not too shabby of an assortment, but I think there could be a better selection. I currently see six Hadean EG-491s, Surf Green, Cream Antiquity, Ivory, Black and Natural. The Antiquity being the only Rosewood FB. There is on SX Furrian in CAR and one HH 3TS. There's one Douglas TL-100 in Natural with a Rosewood FB. There's two Douglas Gravitie WM-1s (HH) Black and CAR. Seven Douglas Gravities Semi-Hollows of various styles and colors. An SX Taurus Natural. There's an Agile TC-625 in CAR and A TC-625 Semi-Hollow in Transparent Brown.

Though I wouldn't turn any of them down, if offered to me for free, the one that I would like to get at this time is the Surf Green EG-491. Yeah it's one of the cheapest ones, but with some work I think they can be pretty decent. I see it becoming my Faux Cabronita, with a set of Gretsch FilterTrons. If I can get another Cheap Humbucker routed T-Style, other than the SX Furrian HH, I'll try my GFS Memphis RetroTrons in it. The Retrotrons didn't sound quite right to me in my Furrian HH, which now has a set of Epiphone Alnico Classics. The three T-Styles I have now have been modded to sounding and playing really good.

16. poolshark

poolshark Tele-Holic

Mar 20, 2011
    Tallahassee
    Oval jack plate? Pickguard mounted pickup? 22 fret board? Listen, for $90, I expect vintage correct.

;)

Actually, I like the headstock shape. It's obviously designed to spend a little time with a sanding block.

17. vintage clubber

Apr 12, 2012
    Mechanicsville, VA
    :lol:

18. Guitaruji

Guitaruji TDPRI Member

May 19, 2011
    Orange County, SoCal
    Jack Plate might be square....

I found a similar Tele-style guitar on EBay that looks suspiciously like a Hadean EG-491 - shares price point and many other features judging from photos of the two. This one has "Stedman" on the headstock and the jack plate is square....=

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stedman-Pro...s-/251591639930?pt=Guitar&hash=item3a9407c37a

My curiosity is over the top here though - and I already ordered the Antiquity model from Rondo - along with a set of Bill & Becky Keystones to go in it - both should be here next week.

19. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    Yeah, I was asking specifically about the double-bounds. I was hoping/expecting he would get more eventually. I mean, if your sold out, that means they sell, right? Kurt's response was they'll return in August & September, with more models. I'm hoping a few more colors?

That even has a tummy route. The Antiquity still has the advantage with the ashtray, imo.

That's gonna be a sweet tele guitaruji with the Keystones added. I have a variety of pickups to choose here. I'm thinking this whole Area T config I have in a box.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.