Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Had to eject a 61yr old woman from work today

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by WetBandit, Aug 10, 2017.

1. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

I work in retail/food service by day and I feel sorry for ya man. I deal with these people every day. Its everyone's God given right to tell you what they think all the time nowadays.

studio1087 and brbadg like this.

2. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    Shoulda Munsoned her

Uncle Bob and WetBandit like this.

3. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Tele-Holic

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    "Profound stupidity" ?....maybe. But some really smart people simply have too much free time and evil hearts and spend those thinking up ways to play "gotcha" with someone they view as their inferiors. This guy probably thought he was very clever and wanted to show you just how clever he was. He may have even approached a lawyer to take this case of "obvious consumer fraud."
    Many years ago, I worked for Montgomery Wards (I can say the name because they are loooong gone) In the electronics dept., we carried two Sony stereo systems, each with their own cabinet. The sale price signs were in little pedestal-type holders, on top of each system, easily movable. One evening, shortly before closing, a man approached me about help in stereos. I accompanied him over, and he went to the two Sonys. As we got there, I saw immediately that the signs had been swapped. I reached over, changed the signs back, and continued talking to the man. He asked why I changed the signs. I replied that they had somehow gotten switched. I never said by words or inflection that I thought he had done it, but I simply wanted to have the correct prices in place. (one was sale priced at $799.88, the other at $999.88) He asked how the signs had been switched in the first place. I replied I didn't really know....sometimes kids played around with them,...sometimes customers picked them up to read details about the item, and put them back wrong, or who knows? He immediately accused me of alleging that HE had switched the signs. I explained that, no, I didn't mean that, and I apologized if it sounded that way. He then went off in a huff. The next morning (Saturday) he comes into the store, and demands to see the store manager. Apparently he said that I accused him of trying to defraud the store, and I said it in front of his teenage son (who I don't recall ever seeing) insulting him and his family's good name, and demanding that he be sold the more expensive stereo at the cheaper price. The manager not only did that, but he gave him an additional 10% or 20% off. But Ward's policy was to avoid dissatisfied customers AT ANY COST. Montgomery Ward went out of business 15 or 20 years ago, long before the current demises of many department stores, and I believe it largely is due to incompetence in management practices and policies.... and the all too frequent con artists and flakes.

4. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    After looking into this a little more carefully Mr. Bandit, don't you think that the fact it was your mom you were talking to has a little bearing on this story? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

tap4154, RLee77, moosie and 1 other person like this.

5. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Tele-Holic

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    Oooo! ...that's cold......COLD!!!!!

Toto'sDad likes this.

6. tap4154

tap4154 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Southern California
    Woman may or may not have a case about the stickiness of the heels, or "brakes", but generation-shaming (hey sonny, in my time...) is out of line.

OTOH, OP... you work in a bowling alley.

I see two peers :cool:

the-big-lebowski-530fp092310.jpg

SolidSteak likes this.

7. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Bowling gone wrong.

voodoostation likes this.

8. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Tele-Holic

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    Two peers?....ok, let's count...."one, two, Steve......" sorry Steve, I guess you don't count. (loved you in Fargo, though)

P Thought likes this.

9. WetBandit

WetBandit Tele-Holic

Oct 11, 2016

Definitely ZERO possible case over the shoes.

There's always some shyster lawyer ready to take an otherwise losing case.

10. brbadg

brbadg Tele-Holic

Mar 11, 2008
    Timonium,Maryland
    I really hate when someone has to stick their age in there.;I'd like to smack the s*** out of 'em.
    They are no more entitled than the rest of us.

awasson and moosie like this.

11. WetBandit

WetBandit Tele-Holic

Oct 11, 2016

Crap part was she was giving me "tips" on how to deal with old people...

News flash, the vast majority of our customers are elderly!

I've worked with the older folks on their bowling game for years , and never had a problem with any of them.

Most if my best friends are over 50 other than my one friend who is my age my best friend is 62yrs old.

brbadg likes this.

12. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Tele-Afflicted

Nov 15, 2010
    Texas
    A 61-year old person deserves the same respect I give to everyone of every age, until they prove they deserve more or less by their words or actions.

13. ce24

ce24 Friend of Leo's

Jan 26, 2008
    Idahoastan
    Don't get me started lol....I was president of our local Little league and coached...I know the drill well....I even had the mayor of our town try to tell me not to disqualify one of the best teams in a tourney , that his grandkids played on, for not following player time rules because. " We both know who would win the game anyway".... Sheesh! I just told him...... Any given team on any given day can win... That's why we play the game.

14. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    Oh well, there will come a time when cranky individuals who are now 20-30 years old will be shaking their fist because 20-30 year old kids don't have an unkempt beard or they wear their pants pulled all the way up and speak without using MF'r every other word...:lol:

DarkKnight37 and Flakey like this.

15. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Tele-Meister

May 7, 2015
    atlanta
    You "assure her". If you "insure her" you do in fact owe her money, languages matters if you are explaining things. I'm not a language cop, but assure and insure only share a "URE" they are totally differrent concepts, it ain't their and there and they're.

moosie likes this.

16. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Tele-Meister

May 7, 2015
    atlanta
    if this is the worst thing that happens in your life, you are a lucky person. The thing about anger, is it owns you and controls you. Let it go. move on. Don't ask for a consensus decision on your behaviour, own your own behaviour, don't ask for permission to live your own life, and especially don't ask for it from strangers on the internet.

don't ask me to decide if what you did was proper and to share it is especially pointless, it can't be undone and it probably shouldn't be undone. So what can we accomplish by discussing what was ultimately a trivial moment in your entire lifetime, other than waste our lives discussing nothing?

I'd rather discuss tonewood...

moosie likes this.

17. jimash

jimash Tele-Afflicted

Nov 5, 2013
    NJ
    You could wear a shirt. Wouldn;t kill you. Other than that ...meh

moosie likes this.

18. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

Well if you're 74841-500x500.jpg a slave to the beat I guess you must comply with the required dress!

19. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    As she was leaving did it cross your mind you could try an 8/10 split on her legs?

P Thought and WetBandit like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.