Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Had to eject a 61yr old woman from work today

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by WetBandit, Aug 10, 2017.

1. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Tele-Afflicted

Oct 14, 2015
    IL, USA
    What's her screen name?

P Thought and YALCaster like this.

2. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    Not sure I could deal with the general public. Hope so. I guess you get all types., eh?

3. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2013
    Michigan
    *sigh*

Customer service isn't for the faint of heart. I consider my current job a success because nobody's made a threat on my life or well-being (yet).

Chicago Matt likes this.

4. kidmo

kidmo Friend of Leo's

May 25, 2008
    Funkytown
    She just didn't like ZZ Top

nojazzhere and Flakey like this.

5. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield

WetBandit likes this.

6. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    The OP had this going for him, at least it wasn't a golf course where the old lady would have had some clubs to flail on his head. Hard for a 61 year old woman to throw a bowling ball far enough to get ya!

7. jackinjax

jackinjax Friend of Leo's

Sep 11, 2016
    Jacksonville
    Generally speaking, I try not to generalize because when one generalizes, one is generally wrong. I won't call anyone out for the sin of generalizations, but , I'm sure you know who's guilty.
    I don't think the woman's age had anything to do with the fact that she's a boor. It's been my experience that Boomers haven't cornered the market on boorish behavior.
    That said, I would have reacted the same way. No one should have to put up with kind of treatment.

thegeezer, awasson, moosie and 2 others like this.

8. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I threw a farmer out of an equipment company I was a foreman for years ago, for belittling one of my service men. The farmer said I'll have your job in five minutes. He went to the manager, and said he wanted me fired and explained what had happened to get him ejected. The boss (a former marine captain) replied while I may not agree with the tactics old TD employed, his overall strategy entirely meets with my approval. The guy had to think that over before it dawned on him the boss was telling him to beat it too! He left with his pickup tires burning up the driveway!

voodoostation likes this.

9. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    whewwwww
    I'd initially thought this thread would be about some HR suit walking out some faithful employee who'd been with the company 40 years, because her health issues have made her a liability to the underwriters

10. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I suppose we'll have to wait a while to see if justice prevails or something else. It's been my experience that some things never quite become "over." The little blurb I wrote about tossing the guy out of a business where I worked wasn't over for years, and would come up again at a different company later on. The odd thing is I really liked the guy, it was just that he was taking advantage of one of my guys who simply could not respond to him. The guy taking the tongue lashing was from a Nebraska farming community, and very shy. Once the farmer got going on verbally beating up his quarry he just wouldn't let go.

11. ce24

ce24 Friend of Leo's

Jan 26, 2008
    Idahoastan
    I would get phone calls in the evening by irate parents...... Coaching high school sports and teaching....I just said thanks for your concern but I don't work in the evening and to call me at me work tomorrow....... Never got those calls the next day..,.....

You handled that well...

P Thought likes this.

12. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

Bravo on this point! You should have also pointed out the popularization of Disco, platform shoes, and polyester clothes (particularly the leisure suit).

13. Widerange Hum

Widerange Hum Tele-Meister

May 14, 2016
    San Diego, CA
    To be clear, I don't have a problem withher generation. I just like poking holes in anyone who demands respect or admiration based in some imaginary coincidental group they think they belong to.

14. Georox

Georox Tele-Afflicted

Oct 30, 2014
    The tan house in AZ
    What's her average?

SolidSteak and Chicago Matt like this.

15. rad1

rad1 Tele-Meister

Aug 5, 2015
    Santa Cruz CA
    Sports! Glad those years are long past. At one point I ran the youth and adult leagues in my community, hundreds of teams, thousands of players and I played and coached. I could not go anywhere in town without someone stopping me to complain about a bad call, or their kid not playing enough. Every morning at work there would be misconduct forms and another person I had to displine.

I even had a very difficult time getting my house finaled after a remodel because I had suspended the head of the building department from one of the leagues for his behavior.

Some times some really good people can be really unpleasant in a competitive setting.

badger51 and ce24 like this.

16. joealso

joealso TDPRI Member

Dec 25, 2012
    East Haddam, CT
    That's a very cruel thing to say. I laughed my ass off. Thanks!

17. BartS

BartS Friend of Leo's

Feb 18, 2013
    St. louis MO
    People think just because they are old they can act as crazy as they really are and get away with anything. I don't have anytime for crazy old people especially old ladies. There should be laws against this type of thing. A lot of times if you tell them they just act crazier. You should be able to call the cops and let them deal with it.

18. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

@WetBandit, she was just crushing on you.
    Many women don't know how tell a guy they like him.
    And they act aggressively for fear of rejection.
    Poor girl.
    JK

P Thought, Chicago Matt and WetBandit like this.

19. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    All Betts are off

P Thought likes this.

20. Controller

Controller Friend of Leo's

Jun 11, 2010
    Montana
    Hey, it just doesn't feel right dancing to Disco without polyester and platform shoes!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.