Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Had to eject a 61yr old woman from work today

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by WetBandit, Aug 10, 2017.

1. WetBandit

WetBandit Tele-Holic

Oct 11, 2016
    Out of all of the years I have been at my job I have dealt with all sorts of foul people.

I've dealt with belligerent drunks, people who want to fight, and just stupidity in general, and I have never once lost my cool.

Who would have thought a 61yr old woman would press the right combination of "buttons".

I have kindly asked many people to leave, but today I told a woman to "get the hell out" but I didn't raise my voice.

So about 2 months ago she and a group came in to bowl. She immediately falls her first throw.

No injury was sustained, and all was well.

So tonight she comes in and immediately states that she went to the doctor and nothing was wrong, but she wants us to pay her medical fees.

Her claim is that we are the only alley that rents bowling shoes with a rubber heel.

These
    20170810_215721.jpg

I explained to her that these rental shoes are the industry standard world wide, and that the heel isn't called a heel it is called a brake because it's purpose is to stop you so you don't slide out onto the oiled lane.

She claims I am calling her a liar. I insure her that I am not, that she is just miss informed.

So I tell her that regardless of how I feel, it is ultimately up to the insurance company to decide to do a settlement, and that every other claim we have ever had has been denied.

So while my coworker is making copies of her medical bill.

She commences to tell me a "few pointers" on how to deal with people of her generation. So I interject and tell her I was raised from birth by my grandparents who are older than her.

So she continues to tell me "You are not dressed appropriately to be in public."

(I am in my bowling attire of Black Canvas shorts a plain gray tank top amd ZZ top hat).

And that people my age do not respect the morals of her generation.

So I give her the rejoinder of "for somone 45yrs older than me I would think you would know that ALL people deserve respect until they prove otherwise".

She said nothing for a moment...

Then said "clearly you aren't interested" and I replied " No, I am not interested in that, get the hell out.

Everyone in my Adult/youth league turned to me and said they commended me for putting up with her as long as I did...and a few of them were ready to give her a earful.

I mean really, you're gonna dress me down because of my appearance while participating in a sport....with children?

ZackyDog, BareBones, awasson and 3 others like this.

2. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Water off a ducks back....

callasabra and brookdalebill like this.

3. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    You should have shoved her into the bus lane.

4. WetBandit

WetBandit Tele-Holic

Oct 11, 2016
    Idk about you all but I will deal with any type of irate person until they personally attack me or the other employees.

We don't have to take that crap.

Business is business, personal is personal.

Evil Funk, DaphneBlue and brbadg like this.

5. Milspec

Milspec Tele-Afflicted

Feb 15, 2016
    Nebraska
    It is the nature of customers....some are truly too ignorant to leave the house. I clean carpets as well as doing haz-mat clean-ups for a living these days and I had a customer last week ask me how much it is per sqft to clean carpet? I told him 40 cents on average and he asked if I could do it right away as he needed a 2x2 square of carpet cleaned where he dropped a slice of pizza.

I told him that I would not drive 45 minutes to clean for $1.60 and that there is a truck minimum of $100, but I could clean up to 3 rooms for him for that amount and remove the stain.

He called me a thief for not honoring the $1.60 price and told me he was going to blast me on social media as well.

It happens all the time, some customers can be the worst.

kookaburra, Evil Funk, Tobias and 2 others like this.

6. Widerange Hum

Widerange Hum Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

May 14, 2016
    San Diego, CA
    "You are not dressed appropriately to be in public."
    "Well we were all gussied up for the pope's visit yesterday, so the boss said we could dress down today. It's just bad timing on your part, ma'am."
    "People your age don't respect the morals of my generation!"
    "Your generation? Ma'am, you're 61. Your generation didn't win World War 2. Your generation stopped wearing proper hats because you wanted to have pretty hair. You created unprecedented, inefficient urban sprawl. You consumed more resources than any generation before or any generation to come, and when you were my age, you were cheering for Spiro Agnew. So with all due respect, if my generation has no regard for your morals, it's because we've seen so little evidence of them."

Or something.

jazzereh, Hiker, RomanS and 16 others like this.

7. WetBandit

WetBandit Tele-Holic

Oct 11, 2016

That is profound stupidity right there.

willhowl, RLee77 and Milspec like this.

8. WetBandit

WetBandit Tele-Holic

Oct 11, 2016

Damn is wish I had time to cook that one up, because I would have said it loud enough for everyone to hear!

Fiesta Red and Widerange Hum like this.

9. sean79

sean79 Poster Extraordinaire

Jeez... makes me madder than dots on a non-Fender guitar.

10. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Funny, when I wanted to calm down, I'd play my ES-335, but hey...

awasson likes this.

11. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    Jeez, that old charmer really knows how to get people on her side, doesn't she?

I assure you, she does not speak for the 60-something generation, and she's way out of line trying to play that crap. Instead of defending any generation I will simply cite the wisdom of the O.P. that everyone deserves respect until they prove otherwise. As this foolish old bag did.

12. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

This woman is a special kind of menace.

My gut tells me, she's done this before. You could very quietly do some research on her, and find out what else she's been up to.

You don't have to tell us what you choose to do; maybe better you don't say - but I wouldn't be surprised if she's been shaking down businesses for a long time.

She was looking for a check from you. A gift. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

P Thought, 64Strat, awasson and 5 others like this.

13. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Tele-Meister

May 3, 2016
    Scotland

That's the trouble with the youth of today, they can't do basic arithmetic :lol:

14. dlew919

dlew919 Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 6, 2012
    Sydney
    So, how was grandma otherwise?

15. WetBandit

WetBandit Tele-Holic

Oct 11, 2016

She was the one who said that she was 45yrs older than me after she asked and I told her I was 26, I forgot to add that in the original post.

I was so flustered at the time I didn't even notice myself until you pointed it out.

I talked to a coworker a little bit ago, who was there when she fell.

He said she complained about the shoes before she ever put them on, and that she was really unsteady on her feet.

Best part is, he said that after she fell, she continued to bowl 3 more games!!!

And we have all of this on video.

awasson, telemnemonics and src9000 like this.

16. studio

studio Poster Extraordinaire

May 27, 2013
    California
    I think her last name is Betts.
    :twisted:

17. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    [​IMG]
    I've had a few dealings with angry customers but I like it when karma steps in! :)

[

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017

18. Flat6Driver

Flat6Driver Friend of Leo's

Jan 14, 2013
    DC Burbs
    I was with you until "plain grey tank top".

My ruling...you're both wrong.

:)

19. Doug 54

Doug 54 Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 12, 2004
    Ohio
    61 is the new 19

I woulda said, "Hey. Hey 19"

20. mgreene

mgreene Tele-Meister

Jan 27, 2010
    south carolina
    Hey Bandit, dont think you are special - she no doubt treats people her own age (like me) the same way :D

One of the craziest stories like this I have heard was from the cable guy. He is at my house trying to fix my modem (to no avail) and is telling me about the crazy geezer who pulls around him and forces him into the curb - in the fancy gated neighborhood here in town.

So with amazing patience, the cable guy rolls down his window to see what this guy has to say. The jerk's entire argument was that a service truck should pull over in his fancy entitled gated neighborhood and let the rich people grandly proceed - even though the cable guy was already going the speed limit!

I wanted to find this guy and beat his ass myself :lol: But Mr Cable kept his cool, knew he was going to hear about it later.

Most of us who have worked service jobs for upper middle class and rich people, know that one of their favorite things to do is to call back to your company and try to get you fired - even if there is no misunderstanding (that you are aware of) when you interacted with them.

So, geezers can be nasty and entitled - especially if they have been management and are used to telling people what to do.

JORear, stinkey, WetBandit and 3 others like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.