Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Had my first Jazz Guitar Skype Lesson!

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by joaopazguitar, Jul 4, 2013.

1. joaopazguitar

joaopazguitar Tele-Holic

Hi Gents,

Had my first Skype Lesson last night, and it worked really great! My teacher (this sounds good :cool:) is Matt Warnock (see http://www.mattwarnockguitar.com/) and he is a very knowledgeabe and certified teacher/performer. And what's more he even plays a cool custom built Tele! (http://www.koentoppguitars.com/electric.htm)

I had the chance to play my brand new Squier Vintage Mod Tele Special - man, she even says 'jazzmaster' :mrgreen:.

It was a 30 min lesson and it’s amazing how much you can learn in half-an-hour – much to thank to Matt’s organization as he clearly knows what he’s doing – and I believe he enjoys a lot teaching, too! :)

To me it was a great wake up call, comparing the things I know when practicing alone with the things I’m able to produce with a teacher in front of me, on the spot!

It was 30 mins and now I feel like I have material to work for some 30 hours ’til the next lesson, next week…!

Loved it and wanted to share with you Gents!
    Joao

PS: best value for money (and I sure spent some in other previous lessons ;)
    PS2: I'm not affiliated, just a happy customer :mrgreen:

2. joaopazguitar

joaopazguitar Tele-Holic

...and just to add a little more, right after de lesson I had on my mail a lot pdfs and backing tracks related to it :)

Anyone else here doing online lessons?
    (I did/do at other places, but based on a video exchange program)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.